Recent posts

AvP Galaxy News / Alien's Visual Effects Artist ...
Last post by Guest - Today at 05:23:15 AM

It is with deep regret that I have to report to you all the passing of another member of the Alien family. The Hollywood Reporter shared the heartbreaking news, confirmed by a close friend, that Roger Dicken has passed away.

Roger Dicken, the Oscar-nominated British special effects artist, sculptor and model maker known for his work on Alien and When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth, has died. He was 84.

Dicken died Feb. 18 at his home in North Wales, Mick Cooper, a friend of more than five decades, told The Hollywood Reporter.

Alien's Visual Effects Artist Roger Dicken Passes Away Age 84

Regarding his impact on Alien, he was most famously attributed to the redesign and creation of the Facehugger and Chestburster after several attempts by H. R. Giger. In a 1992 interview with Monsterzone, Dicken spoke about his experience working on the film.

I got underneath the set with my activated hand-operated alien, and it was this, of course, that ended up appearing revoltingly through his body and pausing momentarily to twitch and breath, etc., before zipping off the table.

Two assistants, holding simple squeeze bubbles fixed to plastic tubes, made the small sacs in the body pulsate, etc. The monster's exit was accomplished by pulling me along under the table, laying on a trolley with my arm holding the puppet, working it through a slot as it knocked off strategically placed utensils in the process of disappearing.

Besides those contributions, Roger Dicken worked on other classics such as 2001: A Space Odyssey, When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth and The Land That Time Forgot, amongst others.

Roger is survived by his wife, Wendy. The thoughts of the Aliens vs. Predator Galaxy staff and community go out to Dicken’s family and friends. Rest in peace, Roger.

Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 04:13:16 AM
Buh ?
Alien-Predator Literature / Re: Aliens vs Avengers
Last post by Mr.Turok - Today at 02:44:32 AM
I'm surprised they went with the Avengers and not Guardians of the Galaxy for the obvious reasons but I guess The Avengers is just a bigger name. It's also funny how they did this before an AVP comic.

The artcover looks incredible though, I love the painter artbrush style.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Transformers (Cartoons)
Last post by Cougerboy - Today at 02:01:10 AM
G1 was the only true Transformers to me. The Michael Bay crap...no thank you.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Fallout
Last post by ace3g - Today at 01:26:35 AM
Can't wait for S02!!!
Recreational Area / Re: The 'last thing you bought...
Last post by Prez - Today at 12:28:13 AM
Prey 4K UHD ... FINALLY!!! Got it on Amazon for $AU37 with Free Delivery (they offered me yet another 30 free trial of Prime). Very happy!
Recreational Area / Re: OBJECTIFICATION THREAD: Th...
Last post by Shinawi - Today at 12:09:57 AM
Centerfold

General Film/TV Discussion / Re: 3 Body Problem (Netflix)
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Yesterday at 11:52:43 PM
Just say it! You guys wanted the nerdy looking scientist ;D (jk! ;))

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1781097147913679149
Alien-Predator Literature / Re: Aliens vs Avengers
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Yesterday at 11:16:38 PM
👁🦇👁👉👈

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed