The Predator has been delayed to August 3rd 2018

Started by Anthony, Apr 22, 2017, 04:28:35 PM

Author
The Predator has been delayed to August 3rd 2018 (Read 24,891 times)

The Shuriken

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 22, 2017, 05:16:14 PM
Plenty of time for Dutch's role to be expanded . :P

And reshoots to remove those... undesirable elements from the script. ;D

I hope at least....At any rate, I'm ok with the pushing the release date. As long as they use the time wisely to just make a fun film. I can hold out.

predfan65

Weather may be a factor in the move of the release date. I live in Seattle area and it been raining here most of the time they've been shooting. Where about 200 miles south of Vancouver. Most set pictures look very wet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SiL

I'd rather they push it back and give it the best chance -- be it longer production, post-production, or less BO competition -- than doggedly stick to a release date.

newagescamartist

Seems like the overwhelming consensus is that this delay is a good thing. I have to wonder if they'll be extending the primary shoot since they'll be getting extra post time. I know that would increase the production budget so I'm guessing the primary photography will go as scheduled.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Keith on Apr 22, 2017, 10:55:06 PM
good. maybe they're reconsidering some of the nonsense in the current script.

Im working my ass off to get this result.This is the last chance for the fans.

Cereal Killer

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 22, 2017, 10:36:36 PM
I just don't see a Jason Statham shark movie of a middling book from the '90s being a huge threat in August.
you would be surprised, I read the budget is pretty big I've read 150m (probably wrong) so it must be a pretty big deal? It's got a big following. But hey you never know. 

SiL

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 23, 2017, 11:31:43 AM

How are you doing it outside of complaining in this forum, exactly?

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SiL on Apr 23, 2017, 11:53:20 AM

I wish I could tell you more. But we have a large number of deep-cover operatives involved. You know how it is. We all have a job to do. Now, I'm sure we can respect each other's situation and act responsibly

Pvt. Himmel

The studio must be happy with what they've seen to push this back to compete against meg!!

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 23, 2017, 12:15:34 PM

I wish I could tell you more. But we have a large number of deep-cover operatives involved. You know how it is. We all have a job to do. Now, I'm sure we can respect each other's situation and act responsibly

So, nothing. Got it.

Enjoy complaining about a movie for an extra six months.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 23, 2017, 02:24:55 PM
The studio must be happy with what they've seen to push this back to compete against meg!!
Chances are they will add some bigger movies to August as 2018 draws closer but slating this at the end of the summer is a bold move and shows some confidence. I haven't seen much of anything on 'Meg' but it sounds like it could either be a fun thrill ride or a total disaster that bombs hard. I thought Eli Roth was supposed to direct it but I guess not.

echobbase79

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 23, 2017, 03:04:13 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 23, 2017, 12:15:34 PM

So, nothing. Got it.

Enjoy complaining about a movie for an extra six months.

Lol!!

RabidNinja

Thank GOD!. Hopefully it's a script rewrite for the god awful plot leak we had a few months back. They completely went off the rails and failed the distinguish the tenacity of the predator and failed to display his ferocity by "1-upping" him, similar to Predators.

paperhearts

It's not too late to cut back or drop certain things. I'm hoping they just try instead of leaving it as is. 

That and they spend some time with the CG.    I prefer practical effects, especially if they can't hire a good CG company that's familiar with Predator.  (Even great CG companies can screw up a movie if they have no idea what the character is suppose to be)

kirscheim

Quote from: predfan65 on Apr 23, 2017, 05:07:47 AM
Weather may be a factor in the move of the release date. I live in Seattle area and it been raining here most of the time they've been shooting. Where about 200 miles south of Vancouver. Most set pictures look very wet.

i'm fine with wet, as long as it's not dark like avpr, pacific rim, godzilla. i wanna watch a f**king movie not a black screen...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed