Moments in The Predator That Made You Cringe/Laugh

Started by Kradan, Apr 16, 2021, 05:52:35 PM

Author
Moments in The Predator That Made You Cringe/Laugh (Read 4,131 times)

Kradan

I think it's unfair that AVPR got "Cringe/Laugh" thread and The Predator didn't. Well, not until now

So, I'll start this one up:

1. When Casey's looking at the pics of Predators in the lab they just use pics from previous movies

2. Whole "warrior McKenna" twist

BigDaddyJohn

Baxley's pussy comment on Casey and the aftermath of it that goes on WAY too long, I physically felt the cringe on this one.

The fact that on the city hunter picture Casey is looking at, they got the date of events wrong, they actually put the release date of predator 2 instead, zero f**ks were given by the one behind this :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The cut off arm joke  ::)

Kradan

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 16, 2021, 06:23:57 PM
Baxley's pussy comment on Casey and the aftermath of it that goes on WAY too long, I physically felt the cringe on this one.

Oh yes, that one  :D

[cancerblack]

Everything is cringe except for one or two moments (not entire scenes) of action that are acceptable.

I did not laugh.

BlueMarsalis79

Everything with the kid.

BigDaddyJohn

Just remembered the last f**king awful line of this movie, Mc Kenna saying "that's my new suit bubba, hope they got it in the 42 long"...  ::) ::) ::)

This one was a hard cringe for me. I recall reading Fred Dekker saying in an interview it was him who wrote it. Thanks Fred, adds to your already amazing career.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 01, 2021, 12:47:58 PM
Thanks Fred, adds to your already amazing career.

:laugh:

Local Trouble

"You know, a lot of experts say that being on the spectrum isn't really a disorder.  It's actually the next step in the evolutionary chain."

Master Chief

The entire movie was pretty much cringe.  The bus scene when they were introducing themselves, I did not laugh once.  Um, when the chick was running as fast as Fugitive when he escaped and how she trekked a couple of miles in the forest to save the McKenna in the final battle.  Also, the final battle.  Stop throwing people around and just rip their heads off.

Great, now I'm going to have to go to the "what made me unhappy" thread and post why I'm unhappy now.  :P

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master Chief on May 05, 2021, 05:21:43 PM
how she trekked a couple of miles in the forest to save the McKenna in the final battle.

Yeah that was a huge facepalm for me. Like, how the f**k she got to them when you clearly see the ship fly away so much from where she was  ::)

Corporal Hicks

If the novel was anything to go by, she stole a bike.

Kradan

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 01, 2021, 12:47:58 PM
Just remembered the last f**king awful line of this movie, Mc Kenna saying "that's my new suit bubba, hope they got it in the 42 long"...  ::) ::) ::)

This one was a hard cringe for me. I recall reading Fred Dekker saying in an interview it was him who wrote it. Thanks Fred, adds to your already amazing career.

Most of Boyd's dialogue was cringey to me to be honest. He never game across believably as a tough guy delivering those lines.... just some dude pretending to be tough guy... one you often look forward to getting smacked by a real tough guy in the narrative. :D

Kradan

Kradan

They should've given the role to Gerard Butler

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on May 10, 2021, 02:11:42 PM
They should've given the role to Gerard Butler

While that would have definitely worked imo, Butler was almost and should have been Royce.

No, I'm still wishing it was Benicio del Toro, who was in final negotiations to star as McKenna in The Predator, but it didn't come to pass reportedly due to scheduling conflicts. It was a real loss. That man exudes toughness, and would have brought much needed gravitas to the role!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed