Weaver and Blomkamp on Alien 5

Started by shakermakerman, Feb 26, 2015, 09:12:49 PM

Author
Weaver and Blomkamp on Alien 5 (Read 60,137 times)

Born Of Cold Light

I do have high hopes for this.  The art was amazing and showed a depth beyond what we saw in the first two films.

My objections to retcons are purely based on principle and if Blomkamp keeps his word about not undoing Alien 3 and Resurrection, I won't be complaining anymore (unless of course the movie sucks).  If done right, this could inject new energy into the franchise.

GQSioux

GQSioux

Hmmmm.. "I'm not trying to undo Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection..."

HEZ

HEZ

Not undoing 3 or Resurrection, not featuring Ripley 8...
So the Ripley in the film is just flashbacks? (with A LOT of makeup :S)
I'd be happy for Ripley to just make a cameo and for him to actually do something new from there.

LT Todd

LT Todd

I wonder if they might throw Amanda into the mix? But who knows it would be interesting to see though.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2015, 09:37:33 PM
Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 26, 2015, 09:33:50 PM
very interesting, I like that Sigourney pretty much says that she didnt like the way the movies went by the end.  And I think Blomkamp is pretty much saying that he doesnt want to officially retcon A3/AR, just ignore them and make the movie he want for HIS vision, which I fully support.

So this is like PREDATORS again, where it ignored Predator 2 to AvP-R and was more or less a direct sequel to the original Predator.

More and more, this is sounding like what Godzilla 1985 did... Serve as a sequel to the original 1954 movie, and ignore the rest. Meaning we COULD be looking at different timelines. Guys... Are we looking at different timelines now?

LV-12986

LV-12986

If there carrying on from aliens all I say is the cryotubes had best be the same design as aliens, irritates me how there not the same in alien 3.......detail is everything!!!

LastSurvivor92

Ridley Scott has already done that with Prometheus man.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2015, 09:37:33 PM
Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 26, 2015, 09:33:50 PM
very interesting, I like that Sigourney pretty much says that she didnt like the way the movies went by the end.  And I think Blomkamp is pretty much saying that he doesnt want to officially retcon A3/AR, just ignore them and make the movie he want for HIS vision, which I fully support.

So this is like PREDATORS again, where it ignored Predator 2 to AvP-R and was more or less a direct sequel to the original Predator.

More and more, this is sounding like what Godzilla 1985 did... Serve as a sequel to the original 1954 movie, and ignore the rest. Meaning we COULD be looking at different timelines. Guys... Are we looking at different timelines now?
Who cares. A "Timeline" becomes irrelevant when more material set on it is no longer being produced. Like Star Trek or Star Wars Legends. Just focus on the new movies and let Alien 3 and Rez back there, like museum pieces.

marrerom

marrerom

"not trying to undo Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection"

Please, please leave them alone.  I love those movies.  By all means make Alien 5, just don't mess with continuity.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 26, 2015, 10:29:01 PM
"not trying to undo Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection"

Please, please leave them alone.  I love those movies.  By all means make Alien 5, just don't mess with continuity.
That's exactly what they're going to do. Leave them alone.

To "undo" a movie you first have to acknowledge it exists. They will do nothing but completely ignoring them. You better do the same so the continuity won't be "messed" on your head.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 10:28:39 PM
Who cares.

I care. Why? Because I care about the Alien franchise and the fandom.

Because I want to be happy.. I want EVERYBODY to be happy.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

His comment about Alien3 (I don't give a toss about resurrection) makes me feel slightly better. Now I'm gonna go live my life, and catch the film when it comes out.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2015, 10:33:03 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 10:28:39 PM
Who cares.

I care. Why? Because I care about the Alien franchise and the fandom.

Because I want to be happy.. I want EVERYBODY to be happy.
Don't worry.... Be happy...

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2015, 10:33:03 PM
I want EVERYBODY to be happy.

That'll never happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed