Alien: Engineers - Leaked Jon Spaihts' draft

Started by antovolk, Nov 11, 2012, 01:28:31 PM

Author
Alien: Engineers - Leaked Jon Spaihts' draft (Read 59,039 times)

LarsVader

Quote from: Virgil on Nov 25, 2012, 01:35:28 PM
That's a fair point, and I for one agree that it was pointless having her survive the crash only to be squashed moments later.
In the Spaihts script and the animatics it is Watts AND Vickers who take escape pods.
And since Shaw still is on the ground in the movie suddenly the main motivation for whole escape-pod thing is gone,
but I guess Ridley still wanted to have it in the movie like it was planned and budgeted.

One of many points that should have gotten straightened prior to production, but like Ridley said, they had to move on.

I am almost sure that they know very well that this movie is far from perfect,
but if they had done it otherwise there probably would be no movie to talk about. *cough*rothman,etc*cough*

steviemac

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Nov 25, 2012, 02:13:31 PM
So don't watch it.

Too late for that unfortunately.

bishoop

bishoop

Finally read it all! :D

Some random thoughts/observations :

-I kept picturing Naomi Watts as Watts! - maybe he called her that as that was his preferred actress for the role? (it did seem to be a Naomi Wattsish type role)

-I like that Holloway was older/more mature - not a space jock frat boy constantly trying to bully David! Who as the 48 year old Holloway? Val Kilmer?

-the fun critised stuff in the film seemed to make more sense here (Milburn going with Fifeld...the hammerpid attack...crashing the ship into the Juggernaut)

-Watts hanging the ultra morph head above the door - what is this AvP 3?! that said id have liked to see a huge engineer bred alien chasing Shaw/Watts like the end of Aliens: Apocalypse - The Destroying Angels (which this script was even more similar to than Prometheus) but I guess that would've taken away from the threat of the engineer

-the crashed juggernaut was supposed to be the Dereclict from Alien right? So how would the Space Jockey look so anicent/fossilised? (unless the suit was already aged - it isn't described though)

-someone already mentioned this but - seems abit much that all the pyramids were undiscovered by the Aliens era

-it seemed to be more of a blend of Alien (discovery of the ship/all the horror/xeno stalking crew on the ship) and Aliens (all the action/colonial marine like space soldiers/xenos being shot left right and centre like spacebugs - in fact all the aliens seemed to be too easily killed.) as opposed to just Alien

-the holloway xeno taking on genetic characteristics in its skull behind its dome was quite chilling - im surprised that aspect wasnt explored before in any of the previous films...

Virgil

Quote from: LarsVader on Nov 25, 2012, 02:16:58 PM
Quote from: Virgil on Nov 25, 2012, 01:35:28 PM
That's a fair point, and I for one agree that it was pointless having her survive the crash only to be squashed moments later.
In the Spaihts script and the animatics it is Watts AND Vickers who take escape pods.
And since Shaw still is on the ground in the movie suddenly the main motivation for whole escape-pod thing is gone,
but I guess Ridley still wanted to have it in the movie like it was planned and budgeted.

One of many points that should have gotten straightened prior to production, but like Ridley said, they had to move on.

I am almost sure that they know very well that this movie is far from perfect,
but if they had done it otherwise there probably would be no movie to talk about. *cough*rothman,etc*cough*

That's a good point! Thanks for clearing that up, LarsVader.

Magegg

Quote from: LarsVader on Nov 25, 2012, 02:16:58 PMIn the Spaihts script and the animatics it is Watts AND Vickers who take escape pods.

No. In the Spaiths script, Vickers is killed by Mutant Fifield after she goes to the pyramid attempting to stop David.

MrSpaceJockey

Yep. It was the Lindelof script that had Vickers and Shaw escape pod outta the Prometheus.

LarsVader

Sorry, my bad. 
Too much script reading. :D

echobbase79

echobbase79

Finally got around to reading this and I really enjoyed it. For me this was the movie they should've made. I don't know why Ridley felt he couldn't make the aliens scary again? There was some well written suspense scenes. The Holloway alien was really cool being that it was boneless and white skinned. Sure there were some problems with the script but overall I think this movie would've been more entertaining. I like Prometheus overall but there just wasn't enough horror for me. I watched it again recently and enjoyed it but I can't watch it all the time like I can some of the other films. But personally, I wanted aliens and facehuggers and a standard Alien Prequel.

Terx2

Quote from: bishoop on Nov 25, 2012, 02:38:54 PM

-the crashed juggernaut was supposed to be the Dereclict from Alien right? So how would the Space Jockey look so anicent/fossilised? (unless the suit was already aged - it isn't described though)

-someone already mentioned this but - seems abit much that all the pyramids were undiscovered by the Aliens era

Maybe its part of the space jockeys alien body. It fossilises after death hardening it to the suit in a few years instead of hundreds. Also as for the pyramids I thought/assumed the derelict landed on it destroying the scarab creatures and stuff inside.

SM

QuoteAnd since Shaw still is on the ground in the movie suddenly the main motivation for whole escape-pod thing is gone,

Why is the motivation gone?

LarsVader

Quote from: SM on Mar 18, 2013, 10:37:56 AM
QuoteAnd since Shaw still is on the ground in the movie suddenly the main motivation for whole escape-pod thing is gone,

Why is the motivation gone?
I suspected that the initial reason for the escape pod scene was to get the main character (Shaw/Watts) back to the planets surface.

SM

Oh, right.

bishoop

bishoop

James Cameron should direct the Spaihts script while we waiting for P2:

Naomi Watts - Shaw (Watts)

Val Kilmer - Holloway

Max Von Sydow - Weyland

Cillian Murphy - David

Angelina Jolie - Vickers

Stephen Lang - Janek

Space Sweeper

Quote from: bishoop on Mar 18, 2013, 09:37:41 PM
Val Kilmer - Holloway

Cillian Murphy - David

Angelina Jolie - Vickers
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Blacklabel

wasnt angelina one of the contenders for the vickers role?

Max von Sydow was Ridley's choice for Weyland before deciding to have a scene with the younger weyland...  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed