Alien: Engineers - Leaked Jon Spaihts' draft

Started by antovolk, Nov 11, 2012, 01:28:31 PM

Author
Alien: Engineers - Leaked Jon Spaihts' draft (Read 58,475 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

It's gone....someone pass it along to me? :)

Prime113

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Nov 14, 2012, 03:16:43 AM
It's gone....someone pass it along to me? :)

Noooooo! Its gone for me, too. I only got about 20 pages in. If someone happened to save the draft, I would be much abliged for a copy, too.  :)

Space Sweeper

Same here, I was gone for the duration of this thing being available.

SiL

I only got 40 pages in.

... actually I think I'm cool with that. I don't think it's bad, but I didn't find it any more interesting than a well-written fan-fic.

Xenomorphine

Just skimmed through it, shall read properly later. Has some nice turns of phrase in the descriptions, though.

Prime113

Jango1201

Your a lifesaver Ikarop! I got 80 pages into it when they pulled it.

Disendor

Disendor

Everyone is waiting for the Lindelof leak, now.

Damon's draft JUST LEAKED.  8)

Magegg

Magegg

The white xeno reminded me this:

Magegg

Quote from: Disendor on Nov 14, 2012, 06:23:22 PMEveryone is waiting for the Lindelof leak, now.
I'm waiting for the "Alien 0.1" script

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Reading bits and pieces. It's not a perfect draft, but it's certainly not bad. And it's A LOT MORE tense than the Lindelof storyline. wich would have benefited the film greatly.

I prefer some of the characterization and the ending of the Lindelof version though. Seeing David and Shaw begin their travel into the stars was just a perfect way to end the film. Lindelof's self professed aversion to plot exposition is plainly evident when comparing the film to the spaihts script. Lindelof just ignored tons of exposition that would have averted some of people's problems with the film. (Milburn being overconfident in his suit's protective habilities, how they get lost etc.. etc..)

Somewhere between the two there would have been a better version of Prometheus.

Here's hoping whoever writes/directs the sequel gets to use some of the unused elements in this script.... The Holloway chestburster. The room with the squidlike facehuggers... The Carlos Huante Beluga headed Xenomorphs and Mutated Fifield... the scene between David and Shaw(Watts) with him holding the facehugger right near her face.... that would have been amazing to see on the screen. :) Also, neat use of Mutated Fifield... he "talks!"

I like the descritiption of the Holloway Xeno:
Spoiler
QuoteBehind them, from an eight-inch diameter pipe, a WHITE MASS
oozes, almost gelatinous. Silently as a liquid it pours
itself into the stagnant water - and stands up.
It is a humanoid demon, spindly limbs and bony back. Boneless
and flexible and monstrously strong. A threshing eel's tail.
Its blunt head dolphin-like and elongated.
It opens its mouth. A pair of bony jaws jut out impossibly
far, hungry and demonic.
The Alien strikes. Card is gutted in an instant, torn up like
a paper doll. He screams hideously and drops. The Alien,
whiplash fast, shoots away into the darkness.
For one moment Downs's flashlight beam illuminates the Alien.
A nightmare image, a translucent white goblin. Backlit, it
shows the strange shape of a human face inside its fleshy
skull. A mockery of Holloway.
And then it's gone.
[close]

This Xeno kills a shit ton of people by himself. Do like that.
It's the depiction of the Watts xeno and the Ultramorph that bother me. (They get killed way too quickly) Lindelof did well in replacing those elements with the Trilobite and the Engineer confrontation... I also prefer the Engineers in the final film to the way they are written here.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Blacklabel on Nov 15, 2012, 06:21:15 AMLindelof just ignored tons of exposition that would have averted some of people's problems with the film. (Milburn being overconfident in his suit's protective habilities, how they get lost etc.. etc..)

Both the Lindelof and Spaihts versions of the hammerpede scene did not have Milburn acting the way he did in the film. Only the Spaihts version actually addressed the possible reason that both of them (in Spaihts' it was Milburn, in Lindelof's it was Fifield) handle the hammerpede - which was much smaller in both scripts - with impunity.

As for them getting lost, the Spaihts version actually made some form of sense - they lost their map. Lindelof didn't ignore 'tons' of exposition - he ignored basic exposition.

Magegg

Remember when they said "the last 15 minutes tie-in with the beginning of Alien"? I'm pretty sure they meant this version =)

LarsVader

Quote from: Magegg on Nov 16, 2012, 03:53:15 AM
Remember when they said "the last 15 minutes tie-in with the beginning of Alien"? I'm pretty sure they meant this version =)
It ties sh*t!  :D

So I guess it wasn't an Alien that the Nostromo crushed while landing on LV-426,
it was Shaws/Watts' little cast away camp that it landed on!

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed