Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Ahem... it's Betelgeuse!  ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 27, 2021, 10:45:42 PM
Ahem... it's Betelgeuse!  ;D

https://pm1.narvii.com/6245/9652300de2d185dcc8681284e4511ffdfaf3128d_hq.jpg

I thought the same. What the heck is up with this Immortan Jonesy guy.

Huggs

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Have you never seen it, Kradan?! It's a classic!

Kradan

Kradan

Guess, I have to now. I know of it, I was curious to see it 'cause it's pre-Batman Keaton but for some reason never got around to do it

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2021, 08:07:12 AM

Give the man a break will ya. He's been living a very sheltered half-life behind the iron curtain.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I wonder if Burton ever considered Keaton to play the Joker given his performance as Beetlejuice.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 28, 2021, 06:02:11 PM

Give the man a break will ya. He's been living a very sheltered half-life behind the iron curtain.

Our goverment is not very keen on us watching 'em decadant western filmmovies. They think Burton is sent by satan or something and his movies can turn our people to rotten American lifestyle filled with lawnmovers, beer, fridges, TVs and democracy

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 28, 2021, 07:31:06 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 28, 2021, 06:02:11 PM

Our goverment is not very keen on us watching 'em decadant western filmmovies. They think Burton is sent by satan or something and his movies can turn our people to rotten American lifestyle filled with lawnmovers, beer, fridges, TVs and democracy

They're right.  Edward Scissorhands is what made me want to be a suburban homeowner.

Kradan

Kradan

It's so funny sometimes watching American movies and hearing Americans complain "We're living poor !". All I want to say in such moments is: "But you have separate bedrooms and your fridges always full of food !"

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's because we're decadent.  And western.  And imperialists.

Kradan

Kradan

Да

QuoteHi all. New guy here. Been following Covenant on here for awhile; seems like a good community so I figured I'd sign up. Here's a few things I got from the trailer.

1. The Mystery of The Wheat. I seem to remember David eating a bowl of something during his alone-time on the Prometheus. But if it was planted for Shaw's benefit, David apparently had a reason to keep her alive for an extended period of time. The time from planting to harvesting could be subsidized by supplies salvaged from Vicker's Pod.

2. The Alien In the Workshop. David appears to be standing next to the man who gets attacked in David's hut. There is movement directly near him when he looks up. At first I thought it was an injured team member being dropped due to fear, but it looks like David. He is wearing his cloak, but the skin on his forehead and nose can be seen when he moves. Maybe David is going to feed his "pet". The same man also appears to have a bloodied arm during the face close-up. He appears to be the same guy who's gun is attacked by a face hugger in an earlier shot, likely when the new captain is attacked. So I'm guessing he survives that only to be lured to his fate by David.

3.The body on the table. I'm not sure it's Shaw. The room is filled with sketches David has made of creatures and anatomy. The body is likely his current study; as it appears the head has been dissected down to the bare skull; along with the sketches of various face tissue layers seen on the canvas next to it. David should already have a general understanding of human anatomy in order to provide medical care or as a basic knowledge, so the body may be of an adolescent or female engineer. The drawings on the canvas do appear somewhat proto-human.

4. The face burster. Going on the info from the prologue, I'm guessing the victim of the face burster is the younger man from the gay couple featured in the clip. The edges of mangled facial tissue can be seen when he is holding his husband's dead hand.

5. Daniels anger. She seemed more like she was angrily asking someone on the bridge, when asking "where is it". I'm guessing that was David on the Monitor. He's perfected his creation, and unleashed it on the Covenant. Daniel's going from fear to anger in this scene really makes me think she's run into him. She's obviously with Danny McBride. Perhaps they escaped together back to the covenant, but David beat them there. Maybe he not only wants a way off paradise, he is now fulfilling (in his own way) the Engineers plans and wants to unleash his creation on mankind and become God.

6. The alien in the daylight. I hope they didn't reveal the end of the movie there. That's usually how it goes, but I'm thinking they'll survive the protomorph fight only to return to the covenant finding David has unleashed the regular xenomorph.

Hell of a first post, Huggs

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 29, 2021, 07:40:04 PM
It's so funny sometimes watching American movies and hearing Americans complain "We're living poor !". All I want to say in such moments is: "But you have separate bedrooms and your fridges always full of food !"

The one that always got me was the supposedly lower-middle class, or explicitly poor/struggling family, having a McMansion. Off the top of my head, Malcom in the Middle is the only one not to do this, and generally captures the lower class experience very well, but even they have a four bedroom house - it's just messy and run-down.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed