ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 386,875 times)

predxeno

predxeno

Explain what; my lack of belief in non canon or why there were so many Alien 3 non canoners?

Kimarhi

The people that wanted Alien 3 removed from canon were very active on both PAVP and IMDB.

But those people are still in the hundreds.  Hollywood doesn't cater to a group that low in numbers, there is no profit in it. 

predxeno

Isn't the "AVP is not canon" crowd also in the hundreds?  I imagine most AVP fans are agnostic so they really couldn't care less.

SM

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 22, 2014, 02:08:05 AM
Explain what; my lack of belief in non canon or why there were so many Alien 3 non canoners?

PlanetAvP was shit.  It's not surprising it had more than its fair share of idiots.

predxeno

Lol, well if it hadn't then I may very well have converted to the "EU is not canon" side like you guys. :P

Kimarhi

mang you can believe what ever you want to believe

The only thing I was saying is that Fox doesn't give a shit one way or another. 

SM

They do at the moment.  Whether that will last or not, who knows.

Kimarhi

I don't expect that it will. 

RakaiThwei

Personally.. I'm just sticking with the old stuff. Don't want anything to do with the new.

Only thing which is keeping me going is Shane Black's movie.. Of course my enthusiasm had dropped when I found that it was a sequel and not a reboot. Question is, what's it going to be a sequel to out of the movies? Aaaaah.. That's what we're all wondering now. And if Shane's movie is something I may not agree with..

As heretical as this is to say if I don't agree with what Shane may have.. I pray for a full on reboot, at least on the Predator side of things. But I trust Shane enough with the franchise. I hope that faith isn't misplaced.

Kimarhi

I think Shane's sequel has a good chance of "rebooting" the franchise away from Predators. 

Cvalda

If it doesn't get put into turnaround by Fox before then, of course.

Which it probably will.

Kimarhi

NO HOPE FOR THE FRANCHISE ALL DOOM

PROMETHEUS SEQUELS FOREVER

Cvalda

:'( Don't even joke about that.

Vrastal

wow so much negativity.

SiL

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 22, 2014, 02:03:55 AM
Actually, everyone at PlanetAvP was saying it when I was there, it was MUCH more than the odd person out, let me assure you.  I remember very specifically because that was the reason I chose to drop the "EU is not canon" belief.
What? No we weren't. Most people were screaming "comics aren't canon!" Did you never read the "Ask Me Anything About ALIENS" thread?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed