Blomkamp Shares ADI Alien Sculpt for Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 06, 2018, 08:54:49 AM

Author
Blomkamp Shares ADI Alien Sculpt for Alien 5! (Read 43,394 times)

acrediblesource

What would be great is if the new xenomorph continually mutates limbs to adapt to the environment or to it's threats. Like as we saw with the previous post a few days ago, an alien with arms for legs is an interesting idea as well as also sporting the extra arms.

Let's say we get a new Alien film where the evolution from chestburster to adult comes from a variety of sources and we see it slowly adapt to a able-bodied crew who can fend against any threats.THe new alien changes with every new location, every new skills the human has, every new weapon be it flame or bullets.
By the end of the film, we never really see the true adult alien, only just a variety of smaller sized versions during its' evolution.

Nostromo

Add it a set of balls and another head and merge the franchise with Resident Evil for the fanboys.

Perfect-Organism

Nostromo, you're being unduly disparaging of "fanboys".   ::). To what end?  Where's the fun in that for you?  Fans keep these franchises alive.  You make it sound as though being a fan of the series is a bad thing.  If so, why bother coming here?  Coming to a site like this is the definition of being a fan.  So what does that make you?

brokentusk420

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 07, 2018, 07:38:00 PM
Nostromo, you're being unduly disparaging of "fanboys".   ::). To what end?  Where's the fun in that for you?  Fans keep these franchises alive.  You make it sound as though being a fan of the series is a bad thing.  If so, why bother coming here?  Coming to a site like this is the definition of being a fan.  So what does that make you?

No "fanboys" destroy franchises. There's a big difference. Like Aliens isnt that great of a moive. It just has a lot of loud fanboys who can only want to see any new Alien movie as Aliens 2.0 or they trash it. Or fanboys who cant let go of cool factors of the movie and think thats what made the movie good to begin with. If they had their way they would have everyone in a f**king power loader now upgraded with guns, fighting not one but multiple queens and more garbage like that.

acrediblesource

Let's add something new:
Let's say in the beggining of it's life cycle, it is just a small orgnanism like a the size of a mouse and it essentially starts off as cute as a small rodent.
The human crew experiment on it endlessly to until they realize it starts to evolve due to its' mechanism to survive. Eventually it becomes more bio-mechanical than organic, thus we see the ultimate killing machine evolve. It then becomes something similar to the xenomorph and rapidly becomes more adaptive. EVentually it gets loose and infects a human and exits like a chestburster. ....Slowly growing like a spider, then shedding, shedding itself till it like a simian. Growing limbs like hands, it eventually becomes bipedal and human like.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Oct 07, 2018, 08:23:23 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 07, 2018, 07:38:00 PM

No "fanboys" destroy franchises. There's a big difference. Like Aliens isnt that great of a moive. It just has a lot of loud fanboys who can only want to see any new Alien movie as Aliens 2.0 or they trash it. Or fanboys who cant let go of cool factors of the movie and think thats what made the movie good to begin with. If they had their way they would have everyone in a f**king power loader now upgraded with guns, fighting not one but multiple queens and more garbage like that.

That's not how franchises are destroyed.  Any if those elements could be made to work well.  It is always fundamentally a question of poor story / storytelling and then execution.  Throwing in 2 queens and multiple power-loaders just for the sake of spectacle would probably be doomed to fail.  If it serves a good story, that is another thing.

The Old One

The Old One

The "perfect killing machine" wouldn't evolve.

Perfection doesn't adapt, because it's perfect.

SiL

Realistically a perfect organism would be one that can freely adapt to changing environmental conditions.

SM

Quite.

"It's adapted remarkably well to our atmosphere considering it's nutritional requirements."

Huggs

Huggs

Then the thing is a perfect organism. I knew it.  :D

As for all this fanboy business, if you like something, and want to see more, then you're a fan. So everybody here is a fan of some aspect of the franchise. Some like the original formula, some like colonial marines and smartguns, some like AI's and the prequels. Who's right? Who could be right?

Let us not assert that fanboys could or ever will be responsible for anything. The studios are going to make the movies they hope will turn a profit. It's nobody else's fault and there's little any of us here can do about it. If a new film comes along and it's chocked full of powerloaders and queens, blame the writers room, not each other, I say. There's already alittle something on the table for everyone. Watch what you enjoy, avoid what you don't. That's how I'm surviving the prequels.  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

"I have confirmed that he's got an outer layer of protein polysaccharides.
Has a funny habit of shedding his cells and replacing them with polarized silicon,
which gives him a prolonged resistance to adverse environmental conditions."

The creature already has, arguably seven limbs- additions of non-malleable features beyond that only hinder it's movement unnecessarily.

SM

QuoteThen the thing is a perfect organism. I knew it.

The adaptability is a form of "perfection".  How could a creature that takes traits of its host not be adaptable.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Oct 08, 2018, 12:43:02 AM
QuoteThen the thing is a perfect organism. I knew it.

The adaptability is a form of "perfection".  How could a creature that takes traits of its host not be adaptable.

I was referring to Carpenter's The Thing. Primarily, I was reminded of the short story "The Things".

SM

Sorry.  Misread your post.

And yes, the Thing would be even more perfect.

Cassith

Cassith

I'm saddened that this didn't make it. I have a feeling it would have been so much better than The Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed