Newt's potential...

Started by Predator Schwarzenegger, Jan 03, 2007, 05:51:16 AM

Author
Newt's potential... (Read 10,324 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

You know, I wouldn't mind if an alternate universe sequel to Aliens was shot...

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jan 06, 2007, 11:35:08 PM
The old Head-in-the-Sand approach? AlienĀ³ didn't happen? I hope that you're not serious...

Predator Schwarzenegger

Predator Schwarzenegger

Quote from: maledoro on Jan 06, 2007, 11:44:42 PM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Jan 06, 2007, 11:35:08 PM
The old Head-in-the-Sand approach? AlienĀ³ didn't happen? I hope that you're not serious...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/maledoro/Confused%20and%20Stoopid/28.gif

Why not? For example, I'm a big 007 fan, but there are some 007 films I glady feel the same way about. I acknowledge its existence, but its easy to ignore it. Still, the effects of the film (character deaths, etc), however limited, I agree should not be dismissed.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Predator Schwarzenegger on Jan 08, 2007, 11:44:06 PM
Why not? For example, I'm a big 007 fan, but there are some 007 films I glady feel the same way about. I acknowledge its existence, but its easy to ignore it. Still, the effects of the film (character deaths, etc), however limited, I agree should not be dismissed.
Great. Let's go back and bring Bambi's mom back from the grave while were at it.

Wouldn't you be miffed if you worked your butt off to make a movie and not only had to hear that the fans of the franchise are bawling over your decisions but that they're calling for another movie that disregards it?

Not only that, but as a film-goer, you don't feel the least bit cheated that a writer came to a screeching halt because he didn't know how to follow up on the last movie and had to resort to a gimmick in order to get you back to the theater? That is just pure laziness on his part.

Keyes

Keyes

Wasn't the original idea for Alien: Res to clone Newt instead of Ripley? I don't know the logic behind that, other than Joss Whedon likes to write teen heroins lol.

Shaak

Shaak

I think it was clear Whedon writes softer stories than Alien. I don't know why he was chosen.

Hankerson

Hankerson

In the comic books Newt never died, she grew up and became a Sarah Conner like figure; locked away in a mental institution where no one believed her until it was too late. Hicks busted here out and she got to play a major role in saving the universe even battling aliens in zero-g!

SM

SM

Until they changed her name to Billie.

Hankerson

Hankerson

Yah, they pulled a 1984 on us, destroying the artist's vision, rewriting history. It was a regular Jr. Mini-True, Big Brother would be proud.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed