AvP Requiem Blu-Ray News

Started by Darkness, Jan 08, 2008, 06:10:12 PM

Author
AvP Requiem Blu-Ray News (Read 15,086 times)

Greenband

Greenband

1.) Sony is just pissed they lost the BetaMax VS VHS battle in the 80's: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betamax  2.) Its not worth paying alot for a technology that is practically based off an existing format (CD & DVD). Especially when there is two formats and one will defiantly lose (RIP HD DVD).  3.) If you don't have a HD TV who cares? Also if you have some crappy 720i or 720p HD TV, its not really worth forking out the money for the player.  4.) I honestly can't justify the cost of either player. The only way I could see justification of it, is that you got a Playstation 3, or you went all out and bought a 50" HD TV with 1080p resolution.   Otherwise you've wasted a ton of money on a crappy first generation player that probably wont be compatible with future disks for some lame assed reason. In my own opinion, (Since I know Microsoft is a big HD-DVD supporter) they dropped the ball by not including the HD-DVD player as an feature of the 360. Instead its an additional addon. If it was included, it would have been pushed into alot more homes then it otherwised would have.  Me,  theres not very many games on PS3 that has excited me. So I'll wait patiantly until this war is over. By then prices will be much lower. With the money I saved, I'll be able to buy a next gen HD TV :-)

Sulaco

Sulaco

Greenband I bought the expensive f*cker a year ago! Theres many great games... Resistece fall of man and Call of duty 4, oh and in 2009 an alien game!

The G-man

The G-man

Yay AVPR is coming to belgium 16th of january, nice   ;D   but they changed the title in Belgium ; it's called AVP2 instead of AVPR , thats just lame   :-\  

Greenband

Greenband

The problem with PS3 for me, is that there was not too many exclusive titles that drew my attention. Like Call of Duty 4 for instance (Great Game!!!!) I have for 360. Resistance looked like a good game, but I'm starting to get First Person Shootered out this year. Its been the year of the FPS in the gaming industry, and there has been many great games (Bioshock anyone?).  For the 360 not supporting Bluray. It looks like Microsoft may already be throughing in the towel on HD-DVD:, and could possibly consider a Bluray addon for the future: http://xbox360.gamespy.com/articles/844/844523p1.html  Worst news for HD-DVD supporters, good news for Bluray supporters.

Sulaco

Sulaco

Greenband:  I was being sarcastic but serious, yes ps3 only has two good games but it's backwards compatible with my old skool games and the blu ray is sweet! Even better with the releases of the predator, alien saga and avp's!!! I was questioning this system for a while, but it's taking off!!!   8)  

saaretso

saaretso

If it is 2 hours that will be excellent   ;D   Personally thats what i thought the movie lacked. But this whole Blu-Ray movement is going to change society. Im perfectly fine with my dvds And i really dont care if the definition is higher, as long as ive got it and like it. But I think sony is smart for making the ps3 blu-ray compatible, they waited for the right moment (isnt that great, sony fanboys are going to be giving everyone else more shit cos they didnt get a ps3) But with the governments and companies raising prices but lowering wages its not gonna help them much. I hope the realize this soon. So Im stickin with my dvds for now, unless of course all movie titles come out on blu-ray only   :-[   Lets just hope blu-ray subsides so maybe HD can still get a chance along with normal dvds. I just hope they release this 2 hour version on dvd!    ;D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed