AvP Requiem Blu-Ray News

Started by Darkness, Jan 08, 2008, 06:10:12 PM

Author
AvP Requiem Blu-Ray News (Read 15,082 times)

Cryxen

Cryxen

Just so you know, the ps3 is a blu-ray player and is pretty cheap as far as blu-ray players go.

Starkiller

Starkiller

Go Blu-Ray! it is the better product...i mean HD DVD is cheaper and easier to produce but at the end of the day id rather have quality and pay that extra amount, Hopefully Blu-Ray will win in the end...If the price of the PS3 comes down this year, many people will buy it and it will help the 'format war'    ;D  

Starkiller

Starkiller

Cryxen Just so you know, the ps3 is a blu-ray player and is pretty cheap as far as blu-ray players go _______________  Agree! so go out and buy one people!!    ;)  

Andrew127

Andrew127

Yeah what did he mean by 2 hours long? I hope this is the running time for the flick on DVD. That would be far better than the hacked to pieces 86 minute theatrical rubbish.

dvader27

dvader27

the movie wasn't rubbish me i liked it weather it had the scenes in it or not and i am a true fan and i love it if you wanna blame anyone andrew127 blame fox their the ones that told the strauses to hack it if it was up to them they would have had a great film beyond two hours if they had their way   maybe geoge lucus should direct the third one he has his own film company

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

So the DVD will be two hours?

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

For my UK and US cousins, the price of a sony blu-ray player is about the same as a PS3, $700, plus our HDDVDs are around the same price.  So at the end of the day, in oz, HDDVD and blu-ray have no competitive price.

Otnip

Otnip

Wish they elaborated a bit more...   I guess we'll find out soon enough, though.

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

I want it too but I cant afford a f**king bluray player! damn exclusice f**kS Sick of it. Why wont they release on reg. dvd? Bastards!!

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

George Lucas directing> Oh GOD no way! look what he did to the new, and old Star Wars. No way......

Sulaco

Sulaco

Couldnt have said it better Wolfs Girl: The only director I hate more then Paul Worthless Sh*t Anderson would have to go to Lucas! No worries it has to go to dvd also with an extended cut I'm sure. Alot was cut in the theatrical. I heard some fans saying they love Batman but hate Avpr, maybe they should have given the predator a predmobile, so they would like it.

Kinn Corn Karn

Kinn Corn Karn

Hicks_0998, what are you talking about? $700 for a blu ray player? You can get Sony's BDPS300 for $399! And the discs aren't $45! I've picked up several for under $25. Also.....Warner announcing that they're now going Blu Ray exclusively gives them 70% Hollywood market share.......this format war is as good as done.

Cellien

Cellien

HD-DVD was the better format for consumers.  Finalized specs, mandatory online capabilities (for updates), cheaper prices, and no region locking.  However, in the boardrooms of corporate warfare,  none of that matters.  This war was won through executives and handshakes and the PS3 skewing numbers of potential customers.    I am an owner of the "Red" HD-DVD, but I will be "purple" soon when I get a Blu-Ray player.  Lets hope Fox releases the Alien Box Set in HD.  :)    *Please, Sony fanboys, refrain from trying to argue with me about how much better Blu-Ray is.  I've heard it all before.  :)*

JK

JK

AVPR dvd in April. I post this 2days after the film released.  http://videoeta.com/movie.html?via=form&id=85631

Andrew127

Andrew127

dvader27 which Strause brother are you? Maybe we watched two different films which seems to be true as me and 95% of the AVP communtity (and 99% of critics) only saw dark blobs moving on a screen juxtaposed with the life of a pizza dilivery boy from a day time soap.  Anyway I'm under the impression a decent cut of the flick could come out of an extended version. Meaning that the fights last more than 20 seconds and the characters are actually interesting and given the time to evolve into something we can emphasize with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed