ComicbookGirl Interviews Lance Henriksen

Started by RakaiThwei, Sep 11, 2014, 02:56:25 AM

Author
ComicbookGirl Interviews Lance Henriksen (Read 40,693 times)

worldpeace

lance also praised paul ws anderson for avp. he would be singing a different tune if he had been cast in ridley scotts movie . $!

Xenomrph

Quote from: worldpeace on Sep 12, 2014, 08:07:57 AM
lance also praised paul ws anderson for avp. he would be singing a different tune if he had been cast in ridley scotts movie . $!
Prometheus is a better movie on a technical level, but there are absolutely things that AvP does better than Prometheus (which is extra funny since they're both essentially telling the same story - people exploring the origins of mankind and not liking what they find).

predxeno

Not that it matters anymore but I just looked up the Sevastopol on Google and it seems that the only reason it was decommissioned in the first place was because of the Xenomorph, not because it had outdated technology like you implied, SM.

Xenomrph

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 12, 2014, 08:23:39 AM
Not that it matters anymore but I just looked up the Sevastopol on Google and it seems that the only reason it was decommissioned in the first place was because of the Xenomorph, not because it had outdated technology like you implied, SM.
Even I'm not sure on that one, the prequel comic makes it pretty clear it was being shut down prior to the events of the game (which is a convenient explanation as to why it's not crawling with hundreds of civilians and children and stuff during the events of the game).

predxeno

Really?  Where does it say that?  Last I read, the station intercom was still bragging about how successful the station was in modern times.

SM

I implied no such thing.

worldpeace

what do you think avp did better? besides having aliens and predators ????? i tried but cant think of anything else.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 12, 2014, 08:11:53 AM
Prometheus is a better movie on a technical level, but there are absolutely things that AvP does better than Prometheus (which is extra funny since they're both essentially telling the same story - people exploring the origins of mankind and not liking what they find).

Axor

Axor

Just to clarify few things Prometheus is not an ALIEN/ALIENS movie. It's called Prometheus for  a REASON. The movie tackles greater ideas i.e. bio eng., evolution, religion and is not about a monster in space.
And most importantly, it's not typial spin off since it's part of the canon. People have to get over this fact and that alien/aliens is a actually a part of prometheus timeline. The whole of alien/aliens and WY interactions can be seen as attempts of reverse engineering. Without going into to much detail, prometheus was not bad but it was done the way it was to give 'them' more room for story bending later...quite typical but what can you do. It belongs to Ridley, all we can do is sit back amd appreciate his ideas...they're his in the end.

Eva

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 12, 2014, 03:14:45 AM
I meant deliberate proof that Ridley Scott knew he was deviating from the style of Alien, if all you have is concept art then I'm not impressed.

Watch the Furious Gods documentary, documenting how Ridley and his collaboraters came up with the final synopsis for what Prometheus would become. No need to dust up a bunch of pre-release quotes, interviews etc when you can just watch that one thing.

Xenomrph

Quote from: worldpeace on Sep 12, 2014, 09:19:02 AM
what do you think avp did better? besides having aliens and predators ????? i tried but cant think of anything else.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 12, 2014, 08:11:53 AM
Interesting, memorable characters, for one. Charles Bishop Weyland is a much more sympathetic and relatable character than Peter Weyland is, by a long shot. I actually remember character personalities in 'AvP', as opposed to Prometheus where the only character with a distinct personality (aside from David, who I'll admit is the best character out of both movies) was "the asshole with a mohawk".
The large bulk of Alien movies have been character-driven, because that's what makes it relatable to the audience. When your movie has a bunch of shitty redshirt characters with no defining personalities, it undermines that goal. AvP absolutely did it better than Prometheus in that regard.

Blacklabel

....wow.  :D

Xenomorphine

I don't have any problem with it looking more advanced than the Nostromo. I do, however, think it creates a whole lot of continuity problems when compared to what was shown on the "state of the bad-ass art" Sulaco and, obviously, the near-Earth orbiting Gateway Station... Both of which are being depicted several decades after the events of even the Nostromo's encounter (which was, in turn, in the Prometheus' crew's future).

Then again, the very existence of technology able to read dreams sort of throws a spanner into the works of the eventual inquest into whether Ripley's version of events could be believed. Its inclusion didn't serve much of a purpose in 'Prometheus', but it's difficult to imagine why nobody tried using it on her regular traumatic nightmares (or, alternatively, why she didn't insist upon its use, since she clearly had a problem with others not believing her).

predxeno

Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2014, 08:55:06 AM

I implied no such thing.

Then why did you bring up the fact that it was being decommissioned in the first place?  Not important, really; as Xenomorphine says, we NEVER see the Prometheus's technology anywhere in the Alien series, not even on the Sulaco either.

David

David

100% agree with Axor! :)

predxeno

The thing about Axor's comment is that he's right, however even a spinoff needs to be consistent with its source material and as Xenomorphine said above, there are contradictions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed