The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 62,536 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: [cancerblack
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 28, 2023, 09:09:06 PMYou can always pay someone else to assemble and paint them for you.
He should pay me.

Local's Warhammer 40 000 army would probably end up costing him $40 000 then.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 29, 2023, 05:25:00 AMAre you gonna get some Defaultmarines now?
Hell no, I don't care much for space marines

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 29, 2023, 09:05:47 AMLocal's Warhammer 40 000 army would probably end up costing him $40 000 then.

But it'd be supporting the AvPG community!

Spoiler
And probably funding a wedding.
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 29, 2023, 10:22:45 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 29, 2023, 05:25:00 AMAre you gonna get some Defaultmarines now?

>:(

Those new bookshelves aren't going to fill themselves!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 31, 2023, 03:21:31 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 29, 2023, 10:22:45 AM

>:(

Those new bookshelves aren't going to fill themselves!
Oh fear not, they are rapidly filling - I just finished setting up my NECA Predators.

The painted minis are going in the glass cases anyway.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Haven't really done much of 40K during 2022 except pick up a few boxes of Nurgle daemons and the new Chaos Daemons codex.

But saw this video the other week:

Thought the flayed skin would look perfect in a Creations of Bile army, mixed in with some other grotesque units. So went to store and picked up some stuff.

Now the hardest step, to actually start painting.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Wow look at all these rich people doing rich people things😍😱🌌💜🖤😅👉👈

[cancerblack]

Local Trouble

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 14, 2023, 03:13:00 AM@[cancerblack] @Xenomrph

https://www.majorminis.com.au/products/xenonid-raptor-swarm-10-models
Shit if I wanted to paint xenomorphs, I've still got the minis from the AvP board game from Prodos and my pewter Alien Queen from the Leading Edge game

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah. They don't work as Aliens, and there are much better Tyranid STLs.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Any good Warhammer 40k pc game?

Dachande

Dachande

The 2 Dawn of War games are great. The first one and its exp's are more of a traditional RTS, whereas the 2nd you have fewer, but stronger units. The first Space Marine game, and the 2nd is out soon. The new Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters is good as well, a kind of X-Com style there.

Darktide just came out, but that could still use some work.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Filthy Casual here. So far I've only played the 'Dark Crusade' & 'Soulstorm' expansions of the first 'Dawn of War'. I'm more of a defensive player, so I loved the Tau Empire. Yes, there was the Kroot subfaction in that civilization, pretty good for close encounters I musy say, but the XV88 Broadside Battlesuit was a dream come true for me. That being said, I only dared to play myself offensively with the Necrons. I mean Gosh, how hard to kill they are ;D  Troops slowly advanced across the map, enduring enemy fire until they reached hand-to-hand combat. I heard there were some nice mods of the game, but I never tried them.

I didn't play 'Dawn of War ll', but I heard that it's more tactical,
more oriented to the micro than macromanagement, since it doesn't allow you to build a complete base. You must pass by skirmishers while controlling small armies. I read that it was more similar to the 'Company of Heroes' games series that were made by the same studio. Undoubtedly the novelties were the Tyranids.

Btw, I heard there's a game on the way. it's not 40k though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed