What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 546,401 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Somehow these 3 day week seems longer than any normal week.  :laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Poorly optimized .gif files that are like 3 or 4 mb and only like, 6-12 blurry frames.

Back in my day .gifs had a lot more frames than that, and were half the size, while sometimes even being really pretty crisp to boot.

The fact I'm paying $20/gb for data at the moment may be related to this.

Nightmare Asylum

I'm vaccinated, boosted (Pfizer in every instance), and have been doing everything I can since March of 2020 to keep myself safe. Today I tested positive, after being on a freelance job with someone who turned out to be positive.

I have a pretty awful sore throat and a ton of congestion right now. Bit of a cough as well but that's less frequent. Been like this for roughly 48 hours. Fingers crossed that it doesn't get any worse than this....

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

If it's any consolation, the omicron variant seems to be the rampant one right now and by all accounts it's by far the mildest of the lot.

Everyone I know who's had it lately (myself included) has basically just had a bit of a cold.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 17, 2022, 05:22:18 PM
I'm vaccinated, boosted (Pfizer in every instance), and have been doing everything I can since March of 2020 to keep myself safe. Today I tested positive, after being on a freelance job with someone who turned out to be positive.

I have a pretty awful sore throat and a ton of congestion right now. Bit of a cough as well but that's less frequent. Been like this for roughly 48 hours. Fingers crossed that it doesn't get any worse than this....

To add a little more to this, on top of today's positive rapid result I got, I just got PCR results from two days ago that came in positive.

So two days ago I did a rapid and a PCR test - rapid was negative, PCR, as I just found out now, positive.
Yesterday - rapid test, negative.
Today - rapid test, positive.

Please be careful out there if you are just using rapid tests. They definitely aren't as accurate in the early stages of incubation...

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 17, 2022, 08:26:05 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 17, 2022, 05:22:18 PM

To add a little more to this, on top of today's positive rapid result I got, I just got PCR results from two days ago that came in positive.

So two days ago I did a rapid and a PCR test - rapid was negative, PCR, as I just found out now, positive.

Please be careful out there if you are just using rapid tests. They definitely aren't as accurate in the early stages of incubation...

I've only ever been tested via nose swab at the local Covid-19 assessment center just to be on the safe side.

I actually went to get my booster today but found out at the door they were closed for the day because of the weather (Canadian snow storm that's been the biggest in several years apparently) so they didn't have the people or equipment so now I have to wait all over again.

Hope you get well.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I've never had Covid, I think :-X so far I've 3 vaccines in my body: 2 sinovac vaccine and 1 Pfizer :-\

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 17, 2022, 08:26:05 PMTo add a little more to this, on top of today's positive rapid result I got, I just got PCR results from two days ago that came in positive.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain I had it for almost a week before Christmas because I felt pretty rough, but all my LFTs came back negative. Wasn't until a few days after Christmas, by which time I was feeling better, that I finally got a positive result.

Immortan Jonesy

My father died at 63. RIP 1959 - 2022  :'(

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm so sorry Jonesy, my condolences.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

So sorry for your loss. 63 is way to young.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm so sorry, Jonesy.  :(

Stitch

Stitch

Well, got covid. That's not fun. Felt fine yesterday morning, scratchy throat on the way back home from work, and then aches and pains later. LFT says I got the lurgy. How annoying.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 21, 2022, 12:02:11 AM
My father died at 63. RIP 1959 - 2022  :'(
So sorry to hear that. That's no age to die.

Nightmare Asylum

So sorry to hear that, Jonesy. :(

I'm finally basically recovered from my case of COVID, only to find out that my mom has it now. Also lost one grandmother this week, and my other grandmother is currently in the ICU. It's been a really, really shitty week...

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 21, 2022, 10:04:01 PM
So sorry to hear that, Jonesy. :(

I'm finally basically recovered from my case of COVID, only to find out that my mom has it now. Also lost one grandmother this week, and my other grandmother is currently in the ICU. It's been a really, really shitty week...
That's shitty. Hope your grandmother will be OK.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed