What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 587,766 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Was scheduled to get my second vaccination today. The lady I spoke to on the phone asked me when I'd gotten my first shot, and I told her. I thought it was odd that I was given an appointment so soon.

Lo and behold, I drove 20 minutes and filled out the paperwork, only to then be told that I was not eligible for the second shot yet. Somebody made a mistake and I have to go back on monday.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I always picture Huggsville as being at least an hour away from civilization so a wasted trip must really suck.

Immortan Jonesy

He's like a millennial Davy Crockett! :o

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Her smile and optimism: gone

Huggs

Huggs

A cat my family rescued 18 years ago passed away during the night from natural causes. I laid her to rest in her favorite blanket and put some flowers in with her.

She had a full and magnificent life.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 26, 2021, 05:24:24 PM
Her smile and optimism: gone
:(

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 30, 2021, 01:34:43 AM
A cat my family rescued 18 years ago passed away during the night from natural causes. I laid her to rest in her favorite blanket and put some flowers in with her.

She had a full and magnificent life.
❤️ :(

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

My power bill went from $120 to $180 despite us not changing our behaviour.

The bastards must have decided to up their rates for winter.

Baron Von Marlon

Thinking I might have to stop eating spicy food. Stomach can't seem to take it anymore.
Getting older sucks. Think I might have to start drinking baby blood to properly revitalize my body.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Having the same issue. I still love the taste but my organs can't keep up any more.

Baron Von Marlon

I actually got shadowbanned on a site. That's a first.
And it's dumb because I'm not supposed to be aware of it. But it's not that hard to figure out.
I hereby declare the staff of Bloody Disgusting a bunch of scrawny weaklings, who lack heart and balls. Unlike our Mighty AvP staff.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 01, 2021, 10:15:46 PM
Having the same issue. I still love the taste but my organs can't keep up any more.

I miss the days of being able to eat like a trashcan without any problems.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I started eating healthier when acid reflux started last year. Now I feel better.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 02, 2021, 12:16:50 AM
I actually got shadowbanned on a site. That's a first.
And it's dumb because I'm not supposed to be aware of it. But it's not that hard to figure out.
I hereby declare the staff of Bloody Disgusting a bunch of scrawny weaklings, who lack heart and balls. Unlike our Mighty AvP staff.

Bloody disgusting makes movies?

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 02, 2021, 12:52:41 AM
I started eating healthier when acid reflux started last year. Now I feel better.

I'm not exactly the healthiest type of person in general.
Was doing a lot better until the whole pandemic struck.

Think they might co-work on some. But what's that got do with anything or is it another case of something totally going by me?  ???

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 02, 2021, 01:05:40 AM

I'm not exactly the healthiest type of person in general.
Was doing a lot better until the whole pandemic struck.

I am somewhat introverted and the pandemic did not feel so bad at first. But now I'm tired of it. Regarding health, in my case I don't eat so much spicy food, I don't drink so much coffee and I drink less alcohol too.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 02, 2021, 01:05:40 AM

Think they might co-work on some. But what's that got do with anything or is it another case of something totally going by me?  ???

I don't know, I was just curious as you are familiar with the site. I sometimes look for horror news and read the comments. I saw members bullying Brad Miska's articles sometimes  :laugh: but there is a female editor who enjoys greater approval.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Wow has that been on my mind lately, now and then I've started waking up in the middle of the night with my throat feeling tighter, not even burning just a constriction, and I think the culprit might be acid reflux.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 02, 2021, 01:38:21 AM
I don't know, I was just curious as you are familiar with the site. I sometimes look for horror news and read the comments. I saw members bullying Brad Miska's articles sometimes  :laugh: but there is a female editor who enjoys greater approval.

I think so. Registred in 2016 to Disqus only to be able to partake in discussions on Bloody Disgusting.

Don't think I insulted or bullied anyone who didn't come after me first.
Did critisize the site often. I'm also picky and critical when it comes to horror so I tend to sound somewhat negative. As it turns out, people don't like a downer. Who knew?!  :D

Rant:
My main problem with the site though, is that they advertise themselves as a horror news site. While they often promote non-horror at the cost of real horror, that gets less or no attention because of it.
The writers often use lines like "us in the horror community" and "we're not just a horror community, were also a family" along with exagerrations and just being plain wrong.
There's a guy who see Cthulhu everywhere. "Big monster with tentacles, must be Cthulhu" when each time it deviates enough from the literature and drawing of Cthulhu made by the person who thought him up.
"Those creatures look fishy, must be a Lovecraftian movie!"
And so on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed