Current/Last Album you listened to was...

Started by Space_Dementia, May 19, 2011, 02:37:51 PM

Author
Current/Last Album you listened to was... (Read 44,651 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

This probably is their most, dare I say, "mainstream" sounding album. However, I consider it their finest. Disintegration of course is a cult classic, but this album has a general happy feel that will pull you up when you are sinking. I certainly could go over every track, but I'll condense it to my favs and highlights. The first track, Open, is still my favorite beginning track by the band, total A+ work. The next track, High, is a slower relaxed song that certainly has that, um, high feeling. Track 6 is without a doubt my absolute favorite Cure song; Doing The Unstuck. Possibly one of my favorite 20 songs of all time. Directly following is the mainstream classic, Friday I'm In Love. Best one-two tracks ever? Nah, but def. up there. Overall, I can not say enough great things about this album. A MUST listen for all music lovers out there.

an easy 10/10

Whiskeybrewer

Mainly been listening to my Fan Versions of albums and acts really:

1, Guns n Roses - Use Your Illusion (Edited from the two albums into one concise album)

2, Iron Maiden - Fear for the Dying (No Prayer for the Dying and Fear of the Dark edited into one single album)

3, Meat Loaf - Bat out of Hell III - Bad for Good (My version using only Steinman written tracks from Bat III and other albums and compilations from preceding years)

4. Queensryche - Millenial Tribe (Q2K and Tribe edited down into a single album, including Justified from the Sign of the Times Best of, as that was a Tribe leftover)

5. Paramore - Paramore (Edited Version of the album, but with Monster added)

6. Meat Loaf - Bad for Good (All Meat Loaf sung versions of the songs that were on the Steinman album, including a Live version of Dance in My Pants from 1987 and the Steinman sung version of Stark Raving Love as Meat Loaf never sand that song)

FiorinaFury161

AFI - self titled (The Blood Album)

After almost a four break, AFI return with their new album, The Blood Album (or self titled). Some typical fans are bashing it already, but MANY are praising it, I also shall endorse it. Jade produced the album, so there are almost no exceeding music or vocals, they are at a 50/50 sound mix, love it. As for the music, well, let's just say I am jumping for joy inside! A perfect blending of all of their previous five albums (from The Art Of Drowning to Burials), but with a newer sound and mainly focusing on Sing The Sorrow days. Davey is right on with the vocals, Jade has a new level of solos and blending of guitars, Hunter is as great as ever on bass and the drums are also great as ever. One of the songs sounds exactly like a tribute to The Cure, but I will not spoil it past that. Needless to say, this could very well be AFI's crowning effort and I highly recommend it! Shame they are not coming to Pittsburgh or else I would certainly see them...

10/10

Whiskeybrewer

Black Sabbath - Reunion
I thought i'd listen to this after being at the final gig. from Both discs all but four tracks were played in the Final set (Two of those being the studio tracks, Psycho Man and Selling My Soul lol)

Iron Maiden - Best of The Beast Volume 2
Just a two disc thing i put together for a friend, done in the style of the original Best of the Beast Greatest Hits from 1997. So its essentially tracks from Virtual XI to The Book of Souls

Praetorian Guard

Assemblage 23 - Endure.

I waited for a year and a half to be released. At first, the only song I like was track 4 - Salt the Earth. But later some time later, I kicked back, played the entire album, made a few lyric songs from that album. Good stuff.

Sway

L.A.M.F. by Johnny Thunder and the Heartbreakers

FiorinaFury161

After seeing the breaks in posts, I realize that I listen to countless albums and never seem to recognize that "Hey, I just listened to 10+ albums this week!" :laugh: Anyhows...

Tears For Fears - Songs from the Big Chair 11/10
Tears For Fears - The Seeds of Love 10/10 (my favorite tff album, absolute masterpiece)
Madonna - Vogue miniCD 8/10

FiorinaFury161

Finally, the review. The return of the Ukrainian Pagan Black Metal legend after eight years. Varggoth's writing has taken a more natural and mythical route on this album. The tone is very folky, native, and extremely heavy. The vocals varied from clean to beyond angry. The album overall is a delight to the ears. I could go over every track in extreme detail, but I don't think there is a need to. I will mention the departure of Saturious is noticeable, but damn, NM fails to disappoint yet again. The box edition's bonus items are an exclusive treat, especially the cards autographed by band members! 10/10

Summoning - Minas Morgul 11/10
Summoning - Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame 11/10 (I should mention Summoning is my most treasured band, aside from Genesis and Tears For Fears. Their music is just magical.)
Menhir- Ziuwari 9/10
Equilibrium - Sagas 7.5/10

NeoXenoPred

Metallica-Master of Puppets

FiorinaFury161

Summoning - Dol Guldur 12/10
Summoning - Nightshade Forests 12.1/10
Summoning - Lost Tales 11/10 (even if there are only two songs on it)
Summoning - Old Mornings Dawn (Deluxe edition) 11/10

Whiskeybrewer

Iron Maiden - Live at Donington

David Bowie - Heathen (2 disc limited editon)

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 05, 2017, 02:34:34 AM
Summoning - Dol Guldur 12/10
Summoning - Nightshade Forests 12.1/10
Summoning - Lost Tales 11/10 (even if there are only two songs on it)
Summoning - Old Mornings Dawn (Deluxe edition) 11/10
I love me some Summoning.

Nightmare Logic by Power Trip.

FiorinaFury161

Even though I don't listen to Black Metal anymore, Summoning will ALWAYS be one of my absolute favorite bands ever. My Cd/LP/merch collection certainly proves it :laugh:

Finished listening to Depeche Mode - Songs of Faith and Devotion. Easily my favorite DM album, but not their best.

Whiskeybrewer

Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
With the state of American politics at the moment, i couldnt help but think of this album

Def Leppard - Slang (Limited Edition 2 Disc version)

Bruce Dickinson - Tattooed Millionaire (2 Disc Remastered Version)

Queensryche - Empire

FiorinaFury161

George Michael - Faith

One of the greatest solo debut albums ever. No other words needed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed