Current/Last Album you listened to was...

Started by Space_Dementia, May 19, 2011, 02:37:51 PM

Author
Current/Last Album you listened to was... (Read 44,655 times)

Magegg

The Gothsicles - Industrialites & Magic

It's not good  :(

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Wish you were here.

SM

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

All the talk in the Listening thread put me in a mood.

FiorinaFury161

Simple Minds - Street Fighting Years

Magegg

Ratchetcomand

SpaceMarines

Wonderful. Simply wonderful. All that I was hoping it would be. 45 minutes of fantastic music, punchy, with a strong beat, danceable and beautiful. Full of melodies and rhythms at once unique yet somehow familiar.

This was my most anticipated album in quite sometime, and damnit, it lived up to the hype.

FiorinaFury161

Depeche Mode - The Remixes (3 disc set)

Some songs from these CDs sound 10x better than modern technology produced  music... DM are still far ahead of their time!

Raku

Just finished listening to the new TPotUSA album "Kudos To You!"

I think it potentially could be album of the year for me =D

10/10

I can't quite pick out a favorite song yet, but a song about a weird ghost girl is pretty interesting...

Spoiler

FiorinaFury161

New Order - Low Life album

The most upbeat album they did, The Perfect Kiss being a stapled classic!

FiorinaFury161

New Order- Republic album

It has been stated this album was focused on USA charts, so they changed their sound but keep the basics. My goodness, it is wonderful, pure New Order with A LOT of keyboards and great lyrics. This CD has been in the car for about a week straight now and I just don't see any reason to change it (unless it's Tears For Fears friday ;D )

FiorinaFury161

9/10 Solid solo debut

8/10 Fantastic beginning song, rest of album is a prelude to PF A Momentary Lapse Of Reason album. Still very good.

9/10 Very mellow overall, very relaxing as if "on an island"

8/10 The beginning song just makes me think of Michael Jordan replays on TV. The most well known album from TAPP.

9/10 My personal favorite album of TAPP, the cover/back cover are very artsy in a modern way.

SM

Difficult to judge the best AP Project album.  I think every album has the odd track or two that let it down.  I listened to all of them incessantly except perhaps Vulture Culture and Gaudi about 20 odd years ago, and recently started listening to some of them again.  Eye In The Sky is otherwise really solid but let down by Gemini and Silence & I, and Step by Step is neither here nor there.  The Eagle Will Rise Again is kinda meh on Pyramid.  There's some good stuff on Eve, but I find it to be pretty sexist.  For mine, their best albums are Turn Of A Friendly Card (if only for the guitar solo on Nothing Left to Lose) or Ammonia Avenue.

And as for DG - About Face.  His first album showed how much he needed Roger's help, and On An Island was more mature, but needed some more grunt here and there.  More tracks like Take A Breath.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed