Old school predator (Spoiler)

Started by Milan, Mar 19, 2010, 12:40:27 PM

Author
Old school predator (Spoiler) (Read 55,878 times)

Milan

Milan

I don't know if there is a topic about this yet...

Anyway, In the sneak peak/trailer we get to see a glimpse of an old school predator hanging in a three, being captured by the new ones.

Do you think that the old school predators will become "good guys" now?
You know, him hanging there in a three waiting to be rescued like a princess is waiting for her knight to rescue her out of her misery.
He's a killer turned into a helpless victim, is he the new Scar?

Dusk

Dusk

They won't get turned into good guys, they will still be ruthless bastards. We're just going to witness tribe/clan rivalry in the Movie.

von

von

Spoiler
i'll put spoiler just in case. i think the interaction between royce and the pred will be similar to that of btw harrigan and the elder in P2, unlike the one in AVP, which was overdone to the point of ridiculous. so i'm really looking forward to the scene where royce releases the classic predator. no scratch that, i can't wait for the whole film. PREDATORS ON THE BIG SCREEN AGAIN, THIS TIME WITHOUT HAVING TO SHARE IT WITH THOSE DARN BUGS
[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Jason fought and nearly won over Freddy in FVJ. Doesn't make him a good guy.

Veteran Warrior

Quote from: Dusk on Mar 19, 2010, 12:42:31 PM
They won't get turned into good guys, they will still be ruthless bastards. We're just going to witness tribe/clan rivalry in the Movie.

I totally agree.  We are gonna see some awesome fights

Dark Jester

Dark Jester

I think the ending has changed....

Spoiler
There is a scene in the trailer where Royce is being strangled or being pinned down by a Preadtor. This scene is from the ending however there is no point in the leaked script where Mr Black actually manages to get hold of Royce in the climatic battle. If I remember correctly, Royce outwits the Pred by setting the forrest on fire and then does a suprise attack on him with an axe....at no point does the Predator physically get hold of him.
[close]

EDIT....No I was wrong. The scene is in the script just forgot about it.

Sso02V

Sso02V

Quote from: Milan on Mar 19, 2010, 12:40:27 PM
Anyway, In the sneak peak/trailer we get to see a glimpse of an old school predator hanging in a three, being captured by the new ones.
This what you're talking about?

d0mm2k8

d0mm2k8

If Predators became good guys, it would suck hard.
Just look at AvP.

And that reminds me:
Imagine how much worse AvPR would of been if the Predalien teamed up with the Pred.

The Mercenary

I think its going to be a case of "the enemy of my enemy must be my friend", and that will last only as long as both share the same enemy.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Well, I don't think a creature that's life spent with killing dangerous life forms and ripping their skull and spinal cord would turn a princess because t's captured.
A soldier stays a soldier, even if captured.
No point in comparing it to the case of scar. That was some extreme stupidity concentrated in a shape of a (very poorly constructed) predator figure.
The fact it would try to eliminate the other clan members wouldn't be equal to him helping the humans.

Raptor

Raptor

They have honor thats all,that doesnt make them any less cold blooded killing machines.

Milan

Milan

Well, that Pred will still need the help by a human to survive the situation he's in.
And if the movie follows the script then that is going to happen.
So the gap between this one and Lex and Scars "team up" ain't that big if you compare them.

I've only read the script once, but I don't remember the Pred showing any hostility towards Royce when he set him free.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 19, 2010, 01:43:42 PM

Yeah, But that was because he would have killed the teens if he got the chance, he still was a serious threat to them. Their relationship wasn't neutral or friendly.
I'm afraid that the old school Predator will act neutral or friendly towards Royce.
And that will give him a spot next to "Scar" among the "Girly" men, no I mean Predators ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I didn't say anything about friendly neither neutral relationships - I said that the fact that he fought another bad guy doesn't make him a good guy or a hero.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 19, 2010, 10:00:18 PM
I didn't say anything about friendly neither neutral relationships - I said that the fact that he fought another bad guy doesn't make him a good guy or a hero.

Well, Yes, he's still a bad guy but how Jason acts makes him a bad guy and if you ain't his mom then his actions ain't gonna be friendly or neutral towards you, he will kill you if the oppertunity arises, even if you where the one that set him free.

I got a feeling that we won't saying the same thing about the old school Predator...

Nihil

Nihil

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 19, 2010, 01:43:42 PM

Nearly?

He walked away with his severed head in his hand.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed