All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,838,681 times)

Prez

Prez

Spoiler
The Rancor was a night touch. Machete as his handler even nicer. The power rangers urchin kids ... yer not so good.

The show seems to be a lot of back and forth between Jabba's throne room, some dreams and then the Mayor's office.

I'm enjoying it but ... I do wonder where this is all going.

Also I think Boba is being a little too gracious on some things but perhaps ... perhaps his ordeal surviving the Sarlacc and then his awakening under the Tuskens might have something to do with it?
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The next time someone tries to kill him, he will give him his throne and bless him saying "may the force be with you."  :laugh:

Quote from: Prez on Jan 13, 2022, 10:42:09 PM
Spoiler
The Rancor was a night touch. Machete as his handler even nicer. The power rangers urchin kids ... yer not so good.

The show seems to be a lot of back and forth between Jabba's throne room, some dreams and then the Mayor's office.

I'm enjoying it but ... I do wonder where this is all going.

Also I think Boba is being a little too gracious on some things but perhaps ... perhaps his ordeal surviving the Sarlacc and then his awakening under the Tuskens might have something to do with it?
[close]

Spoiler
Maybe sarlacc caused brain damage and that's why he's such a good person to everyone. He is almost as kind as Yoda!

And I'm also wondering where the story is going. I'm losing my optimism I'm afraid. I would love to be wrong though.  :)
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Spoiler
I have a feeling that Fett is doing all of this as a way of helping the sand people.  It's his gesture of atonement.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Good point.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 13, 2022, 05:03:42 PM
Something seems off about the Robert Rodriguez episodes.  Not sure what it is.

Granted, it's only 3 episodes but it does feel that way. I didn't find this one as dull as the first episode but it certainly wasn't as enjoyable to me as the second.

Spoiler
I really enjoyed the Rancor showing up and Fett just falling in love with it. I really hope Machette doesn't betray him.

Was gutted about the Sand People though. Wasn't expecting them to get massacred, or be done with so early. Feels a little disappointing, more than emotionally effecting.

I agree with the biker gang though. That just seemed so random, and the chase sequence was pretty dull.

Are the Pikes something from wider lore?
[close]

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 14, 2022, 09:10:52 AM

Granted, it's only 3 episodes but it does feel that way. I didn't find this one as dull as the first episode but it certainly wasn't as enjoyable to me as the second.

Spoiler
I really enjoyed the Rancor showing up and Fett just falling in love with it. I really hope Machette doesn't betray him.

Was gutted about the Sand People though. Wasn't expecting them to get massacred, or be done with so early. Feels a little disappointing, more than emotionally effecting.

I agree with the biker gang though. That just seemed so random, and the chase sequence was pretty dull.

[close]

Spoiler
Pykes are from Clone Wars and Solo
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ahhh. Barely remember Solo, and not watching Clone Wars yet.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Spoiler

[close]

It's as if the art department went out of their way to make the Mos Vespas look as incongruous with their environment as possible.  Everything from their clean outfits to their pristine candy-colored bikes stuck out like a sore thumb on Tatooine.

Since he can't shut up now, I wish Fett had made a wisecrack like "when did the Coruscant Circus come to town?"

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Dachande on Jan 14, 2022, 09:26:06 AM

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
Pykes are from Clone Wars and Solo
[close]

Pykes  were a part of Maul's shadow collective  then when that fell apart they still had dealings and partnerships with crimson dawn. 

SiL

SiL

Episode three is an improvement, but what I'm finding is this show is awful at establishing stakes in its chases and action scenes.

Like why do I care of they catch the receptionist there and then? Is he the only one who knows anything? Is he going somewhere they'll never get him?

And it just makes the whole chase seem like a chore.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, I think they maybe should have gotten all the backstory out of the way before tackling the present.

Immortan Jonesy

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think Bad Robot was right.  Blowing up Coruscant would have been more impactful.

Kradan

Kradan

Prequel-haters would've certainly had something to celebrate

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed