Theories - How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 19, 2022, 04:01:34 PM

How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series?

There's a Engineer ship / Facility on Earth
17 (34.7%)
They found something somewhere close to Earth, like the moon, Mars, or the moons of Jupiter
12 (24.5%)
Space radio signal on alien DNA plus instructions (Species)
2 (4.1%)
They find AVP's Queen :laugh:
4 (8.2%)
It was a misunderstanding by the producer, and the series takes place after 1979's Alien
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author
Theories - How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series? (Read 19,189 times)

BlueMarsalis79

It's something you can easily write off though, like the W-Y timeline, or the last signs of life.

Corporal Hicks

Certainly. But could also be an interesting avenue. Go Species-like and have another civilization pick up on the instructions and somehow figure it out...

BlueMarsalis79

I'd really rather it did not invite further comparisons to that franchise or any other honestly, I want to see Noah Hawley do his own thing, not necessarily facilitated by other entries.

I do think David's story deserves a conclusion, but it ought to be developed as such, not forced into a separate project.

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 21, 2022, 09:15:04 AM
I do think David's story deserves a conclusion, but it ought to be developed as such, not forced into a separate project.

BlueMarsalis79

Even if Disney holds Ridley's leash a bit tighter than Fox did.

Nukiemorph

That meal won't be served to us and I've accepted it. I'm just begging for crumbs now.

Corporal Hicks

I think we're inviting more woe going down that avenue. I'd happily never hear from him again.

BlueMarsalis79

Inviting woe? To you maybe but I truly sincerely find that doubtful. I'm not saying that you will love it. I am saying though that it will without a shadow of a doubt be more inoffensive than either prior entry.

Corporal Hicks

I'm not alone in not wanting David as the Space Jockey. I'd expect that to be far more offensive than the Engineer retcon, or David as Creator.

BlueMarsalis79

And I'm saying that's an absolute (Ridley's cigar) pipe dream, Disney's never going to go for that idea, if he got to develop another prequel film.

Corporal Hicks

Evanus

Yeah I doubt anyone at Disney/20th would really care about that specifically, but at the same time, doesn't seem like they want Ridley to do another film anyway.

Nightmare Asylum

And after the financial bombing of The Last Duel, I have to wonder if he's ever going to do any film (let alone an Alien one) at Disney/20th Century Studios again. Napoleon is for Apple, and I believe Gladiator 2 is Paramount.

Evanus

Yeah I had the same thought, but Steve Asbell mentioned in that interview recently that they're still working on several projects with him after Napoleon, so there's that..

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 21, 2022, 12:29:25 PM
they're still working on several projects with him after Napoleon, so there's that..

Jesus Christ, this man doesn't have breaks, does he ? At this point only a heart stroke on set is gonna stop him

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed