Michael Biehn "Optimistic" About Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 15, 2015, 11:36:24 AM

Author
Michael Biehn "Optimistic" About Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 (Read 45,955 times)

Alien³

Well it sucks they're going to retcon Alien 3 and A:R.

Perfect-Organism

It will be so great if they retcon Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.  Finally 2 decades of the wrong direction will be wiped away.  Plus, we still get to have Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection as sort of alternate reality films that we can enjoy.  Multiverse!

Jarac

Good to hear what seems like a confirmation of Alien 5 ignoring Alien 3 and Resurrection. As long as a good film comes of it, it'll be great. Two alternate continuites seems like the right way to go. Alien 3 and Resurrection should be ignored. No dream sequence. Just ignored as if it never happened in this timeline.

Xenorgue

Xenorgue

Great !  >:(  Do again of the Alien with Ripley... Which overflowing imagination.

How can we like the idea of an alien by using again and again Ripley.

The universe is infinite, the action could take place in thousands of planets.
No it is necessary to take back Ripley because otherwise understand the alien is nothing. In the end by taking back Ripley we know already that she will be the heroin of this magnificent history. All the horrific dimension will be erased. The alien is not any more a killer but a prey for Ripley the killer of insects....

PLZ I want of the imagination and not of the warmed !!!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Jarac on Aug 17, 2015, 09:59:02 PM
Good to hear what seems like a confirmation of Alien 5 ignoring Alien 3 and Resurrection. As long as a good film comes of it, it'll be great. Two alternate continuites seems like the right way to go. Alien 3 and Resurrection should be ignored. No dream sequence. Just ignored as if it never happened in this timeline.

I agree with this. And I hope this is the case, even with the film being delayed now. I want alternative continuities.

Mr. Clemens

I don't want to see Alien 3 retconned or ignored (AR, on the other hand, was practically begging to be ignored by setting itself 200 years after the others). But the bigger question on my mind is:

WHY?

Why do we need another Alien movie? AR was a classic example of what happens when Fox just wants more o' that Alien money: a buncha guys on a spaceship running around getting eaten. Who cares?

All we know so far is what Blomkamp intends to not do. Until we know what he plans to do, I just can't get interested in this movie. Prometheus 2 for me, please.

Perfect-Organism

Oh come on.  Ripley should at least make a bad joke about it.  Oh Newt!  I had a bad dream you died in your sleep...  ;)

Ash 937

I don't think that Alien 5 will target hardcore fans of the series like us.  Most casual fans that I talk to recall the plot line of Aliens but when you ask them about Alien3 ask, "Is that the one where she shaves her head?" and then go on to say that they don't remember that much about the movie except that they didn't like it. 

Alien3 isn't in the collective memory of many people anymore and a lot of the people that are going to see Alien 5 weren't even born when it came out.  That gives FOX a lot of slack if they choose to pick up the franchise at it's most critically acclaimed point and go from there. 

At worst, the move is forgivable to a casual fan and should be understandable to the hardcore fans.  It also offers a lot of potential for success for the studio.

Vermillion

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 17, 2015, 11:18:52 PM

Oh come on.  Ripley should at least make a bad joke about it.  Oh Newt!  I had a bad dream you died in your sleep...  ;)

Can we NOT go the Bobby Ewing route?

predxeno

According to Bloody-Disgusting's source, it's too early to say for certain whether Alien 3 and Rez will be retconned regardless of what Michael Biehn says; I dunno though, I mean how else is both Hicks and Ripley alive?  Unless Ripley is #8 from Rez and Hicks is revived from A:CM, but following the studio ploy so far, it seems no one wants to mention A:CM.

QuoteAdditionally, while Biehn is adamant that the new entry into the franchise will ignore Alien3 and Alien: Resurrection, our source thinks that might not be the case, stating that they're, "...not sure if Biehn's assertions about it ignoring 3 & 4 are accurate. It's basically far too early to tell on that front right now."

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3357432/blomkamps-alien-happening-youre-going-patient/

RakaiThwei

I hope Biehn is right in the end.  :-\

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 17, 2015, 10:54:49 PM
Why do we need another Alien movie? AR was a classic example of what happens when Fox just wants more o' that Alien money: a buncha guys on a spaceship running around getting eaten. Who cares?

Difference here being Fox went out and asked for Resurrection if I'm remembering rightly. This time around we're getting it born off the back of someone's basic vision that he made public and generated a huge about of buzz about it.

vonVince

Good for Biehn; he's a guy who's had his share of problems in the Hollywood and a rocky career, but he is a really nice guy. I really hope he gets in "Alien 5" and this will help him make something of a comeback.  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed