J.W. Rinzler's The Making of Aliens

Started by felix, Sep 16, 2019, 05:18:33 AM

Author
J.W. Rinzler's The Making of Aliens (Read 56,951 times)

j0nesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 01, 2020, 04:10:44 PM
Ha. I'm still slowly working my way through. I can beast through the novels and comics quite easily, but these ones take me longer to digest.

i'm totally the same; i breeze through the books & comics but the making of alien was something i had to tackle bit by bit, there's just so much info to take in

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Elmazalman on Sep 01, 2020, 10:04:09 PM
You know, if the PREDATOR book only covered the first two Kevin Peter Hall films, I'd be interested.

If I had to guess, the first Predator gets over 50% of the book, and the sequels share the remainder.

QuoteLooking forward to The Fly book. About time. There's enough gruesome imagery in the film to make the book really special - nice 'n' juicy.

Can't agree enough!!  :)

Russ840

What is this Fly book you guys keep talking about?

Voodoo Magic

Nightmare Asylum

My copy of this finally arrived yesterday. I should start reading the first one now. :D

Russ840

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 02, 2020, 08:08:19 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 02, 2020, 06:43:58 PM

You'll find the info here:  :)

https://media.titanbooks.com/rights/guides/files/spring_2020_non_fiction_rights_guide_titan.pdf

Thank bro.  Sounds interesting.

I noticed the the Alien Illustrated story original art edition is listed there as available?  I thought that was long out of print.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 02, 2020, 09:13:13 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 02, 2020, 08:08:19 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 02, 2020, 06:43:58 PM

You'll find the info here:  :)

https://media.titanbooks.com/rights/guides/files/spring_2020_non_fiction_rights_guide_titan.pdf

Thank bro.  Sounds interesting.

I noticed the the Alien Illustrated story original art edition is listed there as available?  I thought that was long out of print.
An excellent publication. I'm glad I have a copy. I have the standard Art Edition, without the Walter Simonson signature.

Very interesting Walter Simonson interview is included (talking about seeing an early assembly cut in late '78), along with unused sample ALIEN artwork.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Elmazalman on Sep 02, 2020, 01:53:57 AM
Quote from: Prez on Sep 02, 2020, 01:33:19 AM
Was visiting a second hand book store yesterday and saw Rinzler's Making of Star Wars for sale for $50. Was tempted but watching the bank balance right now.
Was it the expanded version with the storyboards at the end of the book?

TBH I don't know. I literally had a quick flick through before I had to leave for a client meeting.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 01, 2020, 04:45:55 PM
Then again, we're assuming this Alien3 book would even get into the nitty-gritty of the infighting. If David Fincher himself wrote it, then all bets are off!  ;D

Because that's been Rinzler's style. A very thorough look at them. It's why Alien was so impressive, and why Aliens has been so enjoyable so far.

Prez

Voodoo Magic

Indeed! 👍

Elmazalman

Got my copy yesterday morning. Haven't opened it yet. Beautiful cover design. Love the purple.

They do look very nice together.

Wish the author would tackle some more classics: The Exorcist (1973) and The Shining (1980).

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Elmazalman on Sep 09, 2020, 10:30:57 PM
Got my copy yesterday morning. Haven't opened it yet. Beautiful cover design. Love the purple.

They do look very nice together.

Wish the author would tackle some more classics: The Exorcist (1973) and The Shining (1980).

I'd pony up for that!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Sep 09, 2020, 03:01:26 PMDon't they look lovely together.

D'you know what'd look lovelier?

Alien 3 sat alongside.

Corporal Hicks

For the UKian's.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 14, 2020, 02:33:02 PM
Quote from: Prez on Sep 09, 2020, 03:01:26 PMDon't they look lovely together.

D'you know what'd look lovelier?

Alien 3 sat alongside.

A-f**king-men.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed