Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 107,198 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on May 30, 2023, 01:30:35 AMthis trying to tie itself for the prequels will be really disappointing for me

PAS Spinelli

Yeah, and I'll deal with it by being disappointed that we are going back to that poorly done storyline that should have stayed dead

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: DaveT937 on May 29, 2023, 06:22:52 AMSo... this is the fall of Hadley's Hope then?

As far as I'm aware - definitely not.

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 28, 2023, 06:48:18 PM...

ffs

I don't see anything that wrong with this. We've had some brilliant stories set between the two films - Destroying Angels and Isolation come straight to mind. Out of the Shadows was better than it had the right to be too.

I'd prefer post-Alien 3 just because it's a tidier timeframe, but then you still run into contradicting Resurrection (not that most folk care).

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2023, 09:49:05 AMDestroying Angels

A certain subset of snobs loves to hate on DA but I'd pay cash f**kin' money to see something in that vein on screen.

SiL

SiL

Who the hell hates DA? I've never heard a word against it.

I always thought it was sorely lacking in Aliens but I otherwise dug it.

BlueMarsalis79

I mean it and Prometheus have a lot of similarities, Alien Engineers even more.

SiL

SiL

DA is what Prometheus wishes it were.

Corporal Hicks

A-f**king-men to the above. Destroying Angels is what I wish Prometheus was.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I always assumed there would be some link to the prequels because it seemed so curious the usually protective Ridley Scott handed the keys over so willingly to Fede Alvarez. Including such a link in his pitch probably helped him get the gig.

I wouldnt mind a connection because it would make the two prequels feel a bit more connected to the main series. But that being said, I dont want said connection to be too overbearing and take the focus away from the Alien.

Cautiously optimistic but im always very wary of the space between the Alien and Aliens timeline.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I just don't like the idea of putting a film between the first two. Can't explain it but I don't like it for a film.

Maybe its because the EU can't keep its paws off of that time period.

Nightmare Asylum

Knowing that Romulus is set post-Alien, and delivering on ideas/concepts from the prequels (or so Dane Hallett and Perfect Organism Podcast have alluded to), has my level of excitement growing even more with every bit of Romulus news that's released, honestly. I'm so glad that elements of prequels are not going to be limited solely to the pre-Alien films on-screen. I think post-Alien 3 is still probably the most "open" era to be playing around in, but there's also a pretty significant amount of wiggle room pre-Aliens to do something interesting that is totally Ripley-adjacent (no connection to Ellen or Amanda here, please and thank you), I feel.

I think the itch to revisit Alien: Isolation is creeping up now... I've actually only played the game in full once, but the shared general timeframe between that game and Romulus and the overlap in aesthetic influences between the two has definitely been putting me in the mood again.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Still Collating... on May 28, 2023, 10:13:53 PMAt least it's not a prequel to Alien anymore, we're making progress, right? :laugh:

It's sidequel ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on May 30, 2023, 01:30:35 AMthis trying to tie itself for the prequels will be really disappointing for me

Don't worry, I don't think we'll see any stick bugs on this one ;D

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 30, 2023, 12:03:40 PMKnowing that Romulus is set post-Alien, and delivering on ideas/concepts from the prequels (or so Dane Hallett and Perfect Organism Podcast have alluded to), has my level of excitement growing even more with every bit of Romulus news that's released, honestly. I'm so glad that elements of prequels are not going to be limited solely to the pre-Alien films on-screen. I think post-Alien 3 is still probably the most "open" era to be playing around in, but there's also a pretty significant amount of wiggle room pre-Aliens to do something interesting that is totally Ripley-adjacent (no connection to Ellen or Amanda here, please and thank you), I feel.

I think the itch to revisit Alien: Isolation is creeping up now... I've actually only played the game in full once, but the shared general timeframe between that game and Romulus and the overlap in aesthetic influences between the two has definitely been putting me in the mood again.

Bravo! Well said 8)

xShadowFoxX

I saw a mention of Destroying Angels and I would totally pay to see that on screen.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 30, 2023, 01:34:52 PM

Don't worry, I don't think we'll see any stick bugs on this one ;D

GOD I HATE THE STICKBUGS

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed