The Space Jockey

Started by Mystic Ninja, Nov 27, 2009, 05:00:05 PM

Author
The Space Jockey (Read 46,182 times)

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Tug jockies, space jockies, what next!? Nob jockies!?

I'm going to call it something simpler, Elephant Space Man!

Master

Master

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 04, 2010, 10:38:40 PM
Why the term Jockey? What makes it a jockey?

Maybe the fact that it was controlling the derelict? ::)

Also, the thing is massive so how the hell can one of those face huggers attack it? Are the facehuggers like the toy Stretch Armstrong?

Maybe it attacked Jockey when he was in some kind of cryosleep?

I don't like the idea of the Space Jockeys being the ones who created the Aliens. Let nature take the credit.

Well, I do. Some things are just beyond any form of nature and evolution. Alien is a horror form beyond the stars, mystery of the deepest and darkest bowels of space, and I strongly hope that its origins will never be explained.

SM

SM

QuoteWell, I do. Some things are just beyond any form of nature and evolution. Alien is a horror form beyond the stars, mystery of the deepest and darkest bowels of space, and I strongly hope that its origins will never be explained.

And yet you'd prefer that they were created by the Jockies?

EarthHive

EarthHive

IMO, the Jockies didn't create the Alien...the ship just got infected.  The jockies looked too stupid.  I think there was a space jockey alien in the Colonial Marine game for the DS.  Would that have been cool to see in the first movie?  Probably not....maybe show him peeking around a corner in the background...that would have given me a nightmare.

Puks

Puks

QuoteThe jockies looked too stupid.

Sooo stupid they developed interstellar spacecrafts based on biotechnology.. right.  ::)

EarthHive

EarthHive

You don't know who created that spacecraft.  They could have just been pilots. 

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

The whole franchise, including Predator, is an eloborate marketing campaign by Pizza Hut!

It was them who created the Xenomorphs.

The final scene, and twist, will involve a Predator walking into a Pizza hut restaurant and joining an Alien to share a pizza.

What would you guys think then? Would you guys be happy, as long as the Pred was a "real" Pred and the Alien was not a space ant?

Puks

Puks

Quote from: EarthHive on Jan 06, 2010, 06:31:57 AM
You don't know who created that spacecraft.  They could have just been pilots.

They were visually quite compatible with the look of the derelict. The pilot even looked as if he was attached to the chair/navigation post by a bio link of some sort. That fits the overall biotech feel of the vessel.

WeaN

WeaN

Here's a very cool read regarding the Space Jockey and the Derelict :

http://ioannis.virtualcomposer2000.com/writing/Derelict.html

I think some of these theories are pretty interesting.
I have to agree with what a previous poster said, though ... I'd rather it remained unexplained. That's what makes it so appealing.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

@Wean

Good link, an interesting read.

I like the idea of the Derelict it self being the actual creator of the aliens. It kind of makes sense that way.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: WeaN on Jan 08, 2010, 03:23:37 AM
Here's a very cool read regarding the Space Jockey and the Derelict :

http://ioannis.virtualcomposer2000.com/writing/Derelict.html

I think some of these theories are pretty interesting.
I have to agree with what a previous poster said, though ... I'd rather it remained unexplained. That's what makes it so appealing.

Correct me if Im wrong, may be I misread but if these are the ideas of the person who first created The Alien then is it not cannon?

SiL

SiL

These aren't the ideas of Dan O'Bannon, they're what someone thought up (Based on a novelisation by "Dean Allan Scott", whoever that is).

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: SiL on Jan 08, 2010, 11:05:15 AM
These aren't the ideas of Dan O'Bannon, they're what someone thought up (Based on a novelisation by "Dean Allan Scott", whoever that is).

Ok but they are pretty cool ideas.

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: SiL on Jan 08, 2010, 11:05:15 AM
You got that right... this isn't cannon stuff... nobody said it was. Merely theories.
But since there isn't any cannon explaination about the origin of the Derelict, it's better than nothing.

SiL

SiL

I'll go with Dan O'Bannon's explanation, that the Jockey set down on the planet, found some eggs in a cave, hoarded them up, and then got screwed over before take-off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed