4 Player Co-op Game Aliens: Hadley's Hope, Another Victim of the Disney/Fox Merger

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2020, 01:53:20 PM

Author
4 Player Co-op Game Aliens: Hadley's Hope, Another Victim of the Disney/Fox Merger (Read 11,298 times)

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

I initially dismissed this as "yet more (tired) pulse rifle and aliens" meets LEFT4DEAD co-op in alien clothing.

But reading the proposal and seeing 3D Realms had worked on finishing and redesigning 2009s DUKE NUKEM Forever? The latter had criminally overlooked side-missions, non-shooting gameplay variety, vehicles and first person world interaction I say we've lost a great alien game
If you never played Duke Nukem Forever Razorfist explains his reasoning.

It would be interesting if 3D Realms ambitious proposal and listed gameplay features would've made it into the final release unscathed. That's without another A-CM scandal or unofficial reliance on independent mods or gameplay, graphical fixes.

With Disney closing production on making/marketing/premiering new AAA films and closing its park for a month due to coronavirus, I'd say Disney have better things to worry about.

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Mar 17, 2020, 07:35:41 AM
I wonder if this game would've been more successful than Colonial Marines.

If by "success" you mean making money, then no. Many games (especially online co-op) are free-to-play. Heck even the full Counterstike-Global Offensive release has been free to play for over a year now.

razeak

Sounds like it had potential. Could care less about location or Newt. It's not Canon. I wonder how many unique encounters you could have? Hadleys Hope isn't huge from a gameplay perspective.

Richman678

They should also incorporate the Derelict Engineers ship where special weapons are located....but also tons of facehuggers. (I know it's supposed to be farther away but cmon it's a game)

This way the map is more than just Hadleys Hope. Also include androids....that can be reprogrammed.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Richman678 on Mar 19, 2020, 01:30:07 AM
They should also incorporate the Derelict Engineers ship where special weapons are located....but also tons of facehuggers. (I know it's supposed to be farther away but cmon it's a game)

I do hope that in future games we get to see some sweet Engineer weaponry like Galgo had.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2020, 08:28:44 AM
Quote from: Richman678 on Mar 19, 2020, 01:30:07 AM

I do hope that in future games we get to see some sweet Engineer weaponry like Galgo had.

Now that in my humble opinion, would be truly awesome.

Chris!(($$))!

If you guys want a good ALIENS influenced game with strong team mechanics and great atmosphere check out G.T.F.O. on Steam. Its an Early Access game but I got it and its great fun. In my opinions it has part of what Aliens: Colonial Marines should have been.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Mar 21, 2020, 08:26:17 AM
If you guys want a good ALIENS influenced game with strong team mechanics and great atmosphere check out G.T.F.O. on Steam. Its an Early Access game but I got it and its great fun. In my opinions it has part of what Aliens: Colonial Marines should have been.

From an objective point of view, great looking game and production values.

But from an intellectual property point of view, they really needed ACTUAL Xenos/ALIENS to sell a game commanding £35 from steam. Who pays that type of money these days? I got garrys mod for £4.60 in the last steam sale with unlimited custom downloads.

Gr33n M4n

G.T.F.O. kinda looks like Alien Isolation mixed with Alien Swarm.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Mar 21, 2020, 06:25:27 PM
Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Mar 21, 2020, 08:26:17 AM

From an objective point of view, great looking game and production values.

But from an intellectual property point of view, they really needed ACTUAL Xenos/ALIENS to sell a game commanding £35 from steam. Who pays that type of money these days? I got garrys mod for £4.60 in the last steam sale with unlimited custom downloads.

I agree that its somewhat pricey but I like to support indie games like that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed