20th Century Fox & Netflix Reportedly Made An Alien vs. Predator Anime! And They Had Interest In More Animated Material!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 29, 2020, 09:07:37 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Netflix Reportedly Made An Alien vs. Predator Anime! And They Had Interest In More Animated Material! (Read 27,983 times)

Voodoo Magic

Huggs

She's fast, but not fast enough.

Local Trouble

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 11, 2020, 11:18:11 PM
Didn't Covenant already give us LGBT characters?  Did anyone smoke in it that wasn't either on fire or burned by acid?

Yeah Lope and Hallett were a gay couple.  And Ridley has mentioned that sex between crew members isn't necessarily hetero.  Outside the movies there's Jill and Chris in Fire & Stone and Olivia in Echo off the top of my head. Blue in Cold Forge swung a couple of ways from memory.  And Ray in Prototype was a trans man.

Local Trouble

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 12, 2020, 01:16:36 AM
What about Lambert?

I'd wager she had something going on with Parker, until Big Chap...ya know.

Local Trouble

SM

Immortan Jonesy

David kissing Walter must be robotic narcissism  :P

Huggs

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 12, 2020, 01:51:13 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 12, 2020, 01:49:00 AM
David kissing Walter must be robotic narcissism  :P

Nah. He was just horny.

I couldn't have said it better myself ಥ⌣ಥ

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Just to expand and speculate about Bob Chapek "smoking" and "lgb+" policy seemingly being an early indication of Disney's creative direction.

Smoking. This comment comes from "the sound of the south" being refused entry into Disney+ in part due to "racial overtones" and Bob Chapek stating he will pay attention to censorship of adult themes while seemingly aiming for PG-13 or lower. To me he sounds like a PG-13 or nothing and what counts as PG-13 before won't fly now, and that's even before consideration from the M.P.A.A. rating system.

Anyway you have to remember that Disney only bought 20th Century Fox to get distribution rights on Star Wars, while at the same time buying Lucas Film from George Lucas. And that, as well all know, is PG-13 or lower.
Not to mention the media tries to paint "anti-woke culture" critics as a fringe minority in their non-acceptance of lgb+ in light of Star Wars box office returns. I'd argue its moreso the intellectual property- rather than social politics- responsbile for Star Wars success.

SiL

Disney's been anti-smoking in films for a long time, this isn't really new or surprising.

It doesn't sound like he's saying everything's going to be PG-13, just that PG-13 and under material won't have smoking. Disney has always appreciated there's an adult market and have always owned subsidiaries to cater to it.

SM

Song of the South has been a difficult subject for Disney since it was released 70 odd years ago.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed