Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel'

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Jul 22, 2019, 09:20:09 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel' (Read 154,169 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Hoping to catch this next week.  Really looking forward to it!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Here's the YouTube link to the soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA-kx33xy0dRUI7OgvwNPi2F7u9AxDQop

There was a recent interview (sorry lost the link) with HGW in which he tells how he started scoring the film with only half of it shot. Apparently Scott wanted him to start working on it during the lockdown, so HGW would watch it for a while and then some text would come up saying "Carrouges goes to Scotland" (or whatever else) wherever the missing scenes were.  :laugh:

Some new BTS shots:

"One of my favorite frames from The Last Duel" - Dariusz Wolski

Queen Isabeau of Bavaria:

New interview with Scott and Comer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDhC5hv5ivQ

Ridlazz921

Just came back from the screening.
Lots to talk about !

Will wait until it has been out for a while to discuss more in depth here.

Very different from the other Ridley periode films. I could see some parallels between Thelma and Louise in the portrayal of men and females actually, but without the comedy ofc.

The end felt heavy and emotionally, it hit me in a way i didnt expect.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Ridlazz921 on Oct 15, 2021, 07:17:58 PM
Just came back from the screening.
Lots to talk about !

How were the helmets?

Ridlazz921

They are fine xD
I dont mind, movie gots a lot of good moments so

KiramidHead

I'll be seeing it tomorrow.

Local Trouble

Be sure to pay close attention to the helmets.  I hear they're really cool.

KiramidHead

I wasn't expecting to see Hickey from The Terror in this, looks like Scott has him typecast as a little weasel.

Really good movie on the whole, though, and a big step up from Scott's last two historical epics.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 16, 2021, 07:40:00 PM
I wasn't expecting to see Hickey from The Terror in this, looks like Scott has him typecast as a little weasel.

I'd actually thought they'd cut the part of Adam Louvel, don't recall seeing him in the trailers? Also good to see I guessed correctly about Marton Csokas role.

Last Duel concept art:

Quote"Jean de Carrouges aka Matt Damon. For nearly two years ago, I spent a couple of extremely hectic weeks visualising the hair and makeup designs of the main characters of the film "The Last Duel".

The costumes used in the film are on display at Cinemark Playa Vista, CA:

Some more bts:

KiramidHead

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 17, 2021, 04:01:03 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 16, 2021, 07:40:00 PM

I'd actually thought they'd cut the part of Adam Louvel, don't recall seeing him in the trailers? Also good to see I guessed correctly about Marton Csokas role.

It's not a huge part, and he naturally has the most screen time in Le Gris' segment.

Ingwar

Ingwar

The best review I've seen so far. Gonna watch movie tomorrow 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVXW1bh0TB4

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 10, 2021, 09:07:44 PM
Merlin most likely.

Yeah.

QuoteMichael Matthews is set to direct Disney's Merlin, an adaptation of T.A. Barron's novel series where King Arthur's wizardry mentor is at the center of the story. Ridley Scott, who directed the 20th Century Medieval pic The Last Duel,  which bows today in theaters, was attached to direct at one point but parted ways due to his busy schedule. Sources say the film is still in early development with Disney's live-action team.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/love-and-monsters-michael-matthews-disneys-merlin-1234856523/

Andrea90

Seen it yesterday. A really good movie, the duel is fantastic. So the cinematography, i have to see it again but in english because in my opinion the dubbing ruin a bit the interpretations.
He is very close to the book, i am glad of it. Battle scenes are very short, i hoped longer but it's the final duel that steal the scene.

Z Digg

Quote from: Andrea90 on Oct 18, 2021, 10:38:57 AM
Seen it yesterday. A really good movie, the duel is fantastic. So the cinematography, i have to see it again but in english because in my opinion the dubbing ruin a bit the interpretations.
He is very close to the book, i am glad of it. Battle scenes are very short, i hoped longer but it's the final duel that steal the scene.
Glad you enjoyed! What did you think of the performances?

Ingwar

Just came back from cinema. If you want to be entertained or looking to watch blockbuster then do not watch The Last Duel. It's almost like this movie doesn't want you to like it. Almost every character, except Marguerite, is piece of shit. If you're looking for epic stuff then you will be disappointed again. It's ani-Gladiator, anti-Kingdom of Heaven. It's small in scale dark medieval drama. I enjoyed it but it's definitely not for everyone, especially young adults, spoiled by comic flicks. Very anti-Holyywod film.

8/10

Gonna watch it again in few months.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed