AvP Requiem Box Office Figures

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2007, 11:36:39 PM

Author
AvP Requiem Box Office Figures (Read 24,976 times)

ewhtam3

ewhtam3

this movie is'nt bad, but it would have been better if it had the story line and the plot of AVP1. guess we,ll just have to see if they make over at least 100 million dollars.   :'(  

PredatorWarrior

PredatorWarrior

;D     :o     8)   this movie was the shit, loved it, keep making more, went to see it with 4 of my friends and they all loved it too, the pred alien was cool too, something new and original, everything i ever wanted out of an avp film i got with this, been a die hard fan of this franchise since i was 10 and now 22, long wait for a movie like this, was not dissapointed at all, loved everything about it, keep them Alien, Predator, and AVP movies coming fox, f**k and the critics(who don't know shit)and the haters(who simply hate cause it wasn't like the last one), can't wait for the unrated dvd of this to come out to add to my collection, once again, i was not dissapointed, defanitely recomend this to any die hard fan who isn't picky with wut they get

moviegal1115

moviegal1115

Uh, did IQ's just drop sharply while I was away...Come on people! Wake up and look at what this movie is, nothing but a sheep in wolf's clothing. Predator fans, unite. We all know what a Predator is and what his function is based on what we've seen and read, so someone please tell me...why on God's Green Earth would a "lone" predator just happen to get a signal about a ship going down and then after investigation, take it upon himself to just go and rid the planet of it. First off, correct me if I'm wrong now, a predator's main goal is to hunt for sport and collect trophies of the most worthy opponents. Then tell me why he was going to rid the planet? I would've thought after careful selection, a team of hunters would be dispatched to the planet AFTER the full on infestation to do there bidding and collect any spoils. The Strause Brothers made him like the Red Cross and hated it. On that same note: Sheriff's Deputies don't sneak up on Predators. Sorry. Don't believe it, it never happened. And Predators don't in turn skin someone that weak and leave them hanging with there skulls and spine intact. And as for the magical blue liquid that made every piece of evidence go away, total crap. Imploding the ship, yeah okay, I'll buy it. But magic blue liquid....No. Doesn't work.

moviegal1115

moviegal1115

Strause Brothers, I appreciate the fact that you wanted us to feel like we did from the other movies but sublety goes a long way. Music cues...okay. Mood Lighting (Except for the fight scenes, couldn't see who was who) Character development was horrible. And was almost parallel to the characters in Aliens. When the daughter looked up at her mother and asked if  "Are all the monsters gone now, mommy?" I almost vomited. "Will we be able to sleep now?" - Newt, Aliens Even in the Gun shop, I was half expecting Dallas (yeah, if that's not a throwback name) to show her how to fire a rifle. APC driver and Helicopter pilot? Whatever... And lastly, yeah, I'm longwinded about things I'm passionate about...Weyland Yutani has never known nor has it ever been privy to anything predator. Don't change our comfortable history....(or future) They have always wanted the alien species for their bio weapons division, Trust me, anything Predator would've been scooped up, greatly outweighing anything the Aliens could've provided them insight about. That's not what happened in the future we know. I'm not even going to touch Facehugging PredAlien...total crap. Should've been a queen there, should've been more than one predator, should've been in the future, immediately after Alien Resurrection... I'm done...

killzonewith bladesandteet

The film was okay I will go and see it again. It had its moments but basically I thought the Strausse Brothers showed a lot of directorial inexperience.The biggest problem was the actors and the dialogue;  the pitfalls that were just completely ignored in order to go from point A to point B without fully thinking about things that could have made the danger/horror and disbelief at what they were facing more convincing.  I did love the fact at how the Alien take over of the town was just relentless was conveyed.  To sum up: not a bad film with some good ideas just overall inexperience on the Directorial side of things with the basics let the side down they really had an idea that could have worked better if they knew how to handle the story telling better

Ultimate-Predalien

Ultimate-Predalien

Wow if that shrek retard could only c that its the critics who r saying things bad and coming on here and saying bad things, besides if ur not an AVP fan, WUT THE HELL R U DOING ON THE FANSITE ANYWAY? ppl are getting 2 be stupid.......Don't worry guys hes just a stupid CRITIC like the rest of em.......

Ultimate-Predalien

Ultimate-Predalien

I wasn't dissappointed with It, I though it was pretty damn sweet being a hardcore AVP fan, The predalien was sweet, and the wolf predator as well, I hope they keep making these films, I can't wait til the dvd comes out, I'll definitely get the Unrated, I'll probably go see it again, and what it made opening day was good, and just cuz it hasn't made as much as other films don't mean it won't make more than it has now, its only been out for a few days now.....Think of that stupid no good for nothing critics......AVP-R ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!

Ok7

Ok7

EXCLUSIVE FANTASY MOGULS EARLY SATURDAY  ESTIMATES  NEW - Alien vs. Predator: Requiem - $3.46M, $1,350 PTA [$23.65M cume]   GOOD!!!   :D  

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Moivegal, first off thanks for the reference to Aliens.  Secondly, like Aliens, AVPR had a small budget so it wasnt exactly going to be "Titanic" in quality.  If the budget was well over 100 mil mark we would've seen a squad of Preds "clean up" Gunnison.  The only reason fans of the Alien and Pred franchise are fed up, or even love it, is because they base the new film incarnations on the originals and thus style over substance ensues.  Of course all Alien and Pred movies will not match or even top the originals because we all know the mythos too damn well so what can we expect?  The comics, the graphic novels and even the games have rounded out all we know and love so when some director comes along and tries to make it "their" vision they will be shot down in flames .  It would take writers thousands of scripts to get it right, in the meantime they should check out the amount of literature e.g. the aforementioned media.  Only then would legions of fans worldwide herald the return to form of our beloved series once and for all.  Not bagging you or siding with you; just think the film iterations could benefit by bringing the comics to life because it seems comic-to-film adaptations are all the rage nowadays.

predalien hater

predalien hater

are you kidding?  I Am Legend, a very average flick itself, takes in 65-75mil plus its first weekend and you're getting all squishy about 23 mil for 5 days?  AvPr, the numbers Aren't Very Promising, Retard.  Shouldn't have been requiem, shoulda been RIP.

Jojo

Jojo

AVPR has flopped and hence there will be no sequel in which avp will be in space.

Predalienslayer

Predalienslayer

What do you mean 'flopped'?? It's earned in half its own budget in less than week! Think what it'll make within the next month!

nudzi

nudzi

I really do not give a damn what the "critics" say. I wouldn't listen to people who live from writing revievs, and mostly didn't even know what a predalien, or who Yutani is. I'd listen to the fans of the franchise, which means movies + comic books + games. And first of all I believe what I see, and what I saw was an AWESOMELY done Aliens and Predator. By that I mean, perfect movement, gestures, behaviour, costumes, and action between the creatures. Top noch visual effects. You can see that maybe Strauses aren't great directors (yet!) when it comes to directing human caracters, but they really dig  the creatures and directing them was perfect, fights were perfect. I really love this movie, just because of P and A are in it. So for P & A action I give Strauses A+, for human caracters D, but I really couldn't care less about them.

nudzi

nudzi

Oh and one last thing, the cinema was PACKED, people were sitting on the floor and stairs, because there were no free seats. That tells You something, I go see it again tomorrow.

Dual Blade

Dual Blade

I still haven't seen the movie (UK) BUT WILL DO.  In the end am going to go and watch what the title says, anything other than that would be a bonus.   :D     The Strause I feel have done well.  Fox had done a poor piss job of promoting the movie, they should have started between summer and autumn time to raly up the interest not leave it to the last seconds, I mean other than the poor reviews that wouldn't have stopped the people coming through its not like they couldn't afford it.  If there is a next movie, FOX, try and listen TO THE PEOPLE, REALLY LISTEN. BECAUSE I REALLY DON'T THINK SOME OF THE TIME YOU KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THIS FRANCHISE, WHY SHOW SO MUCH FOOTAGE FOR??  (am still going to see the movie though)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed