Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 103,190 times)

PsyKore

"Now are you looking at me, or the clock?"

Good grief... :laugh:

Nukiemorph

The "we both know that's not what you're looking at" part always seemed so weirdly intense to me.  It's like the line was written as being cute & cheeky, to be delivered with a flirty grin, but the actress went the wrong way with it.

Master Chief

I liked how Wolf showed sorrow for his fellow predator.

Katanu

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 06, 2019, 11:51:40 AM
Quote from: Katanu on Oct 23, 2019, 10:40:41 PM
I do watch it from time to time, but usually I have to speed over the human scenes to be able to finish it.

But that "pizza boy in love with popular hot girl" plotline is crucial!

I still can't believe there is such a thing in an Alien - Predator movie :laugh:

Going back to the good stuff, I agree with Master Chief, Wolf showing sorrow for the dead Predators was cool, and something that was carried over to the 2010 Aliens vs. Predator game if I'm not mistaken.

SM

The "pizza boy in love with popular hot girl" is what helps bond the estranged brothers when they search for the keys, and later it leads to the police being alerted to the Alien threat.

So kinda crucial.

Darwinsgirl

PsyKore

Quote from: SM on Nov 06, 2019, 07:36:58 PM
The "pizza boy in love with popular hot girl" is what helps bond the estranged brothers when they search for the keys, and later it leads to the police being alerted to the Alien threat.

So kinda crucial.

Nobody cares = Not crucial.

Huggs

There is a school of thought that says booty is always crucial.

Even in AVP.

SM

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 06, 2019, 09:55:45 PM

So kinda crucial.

Whether anyone cares or not is besides the point.

Vermillion

The alien riding on top the car.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 06, 2019, 11:58:07 AM
"Now are you looking at me, or the clock?"

Good grief... :laugh:

You all be cwazy.

That line was properly setup. It was executed fine. I have no problems with it.

Quote from: Katanu on Oct 23, 2019, 10:40:41 PM
The score is pretty good.

I really was pleasantly surprised with the score.

Katanu

Yeah,"Predator arrival" being a favorite of mine.

PsyKore

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 06, 2019, 10:03:26 PM
There is a school of thought that says booty is always crucial.

Even in AVP.

:laugh: Yeah, I can understand that.

Quote from: SM on Nov 06, 2019, 10:42:14 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 06, 2019, 09:55:45 PM

So kinda crucial.

Whether anyone cares or not is besides the point.

You know, I wasn't really being that serious, honestly. Just taking the piss. But when I think about it, the plot is just a by-the-numbers routine to get to the real meat and potatoes: a town being overrun by Aliens. You can literally swap out all characters and replace them and you're still gonna have an Alien invasion movie all the same. The characters have no bearing on anything, we're just unfortunately following them around at the start. The cops would be alerted eventually no matter what. Make of that what you will, but I really think there is no proper plot or substance to this film, honestly.

SM

There's a plot certainly. Ultimately it's just about escaping the monsters and not miles away from other Alien flicks.  Unlike other Alien flicks the characters have very little say over their fate beyond the choices of siding with Kelly or Eddie.  You could pretty much change anyone except those two.

Huggs

The first film had the extra bump of an interesting environment. But a real world xeno invasion under these circumstances wouldn't be a grand Shakespearean drama. All you'd have is a plain town full of regular folk getting wiped out. Including pizza boys, veterans, convicts, homeless individuals, waitresses, cops who are out of their element, etc. Many of whom would be saying and doing things we might find ridiculous or foolish while trying to survive.

A change of location would've lent itself to a more exciting story. But for portraying an "Aliens come to Bucksnort" story, it's workable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed