Ridley Scott, Danny McBride & Michael Fassbender to Attend SXSW 2017!!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Feb 16, 2017, 05:47:58 PM

Hearing the positive reactions @SXSW how excited are you NOW!!

Super pumped!!
37 (67.3%)
Okay just a little bit more.
7 (12.7%)
Nah still hasn't moved me.
11 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author
Ridley Scott, Danny McBride & Michael Fassbender to Attend SXSW 2017!!! (Read 35,166 times)

echobbase79

And I hope we never see it. I would like for some of this to remain "alien". I don't mind the possibility of David
Spoiler
creating his own version of the creature
[close]
like some have suggested in other posts.

prometheusfire08

pretty certain , like 100% that the original Alien gets its biomechanics aesthetics from growing and bursting from the lv223 jockey whilst he was fused with the pilot chair .

living tech 😉

the dorsal spines on the BIG CHAP perfectly match the exact same exhausts coming from the base of the jockey chair 😊

prometheusfire08

if you just turn the original space jockey pik 45' to the right you can see what I'm talking about .

Ulfer

QuoteScott does not believe an AI could be authentically creative. "Can you have a computer write a book or a screenplay or a poem?," he said. "Yeah, but it's always going to be very derivative and only based on what has been done in trillions of different ways before, so it's going to be a cross-collateralization. It can only be that."
In the context of the movie, I won't mind if David's tentatives are not a real success (which means he can't as of yet come up with the classical xenomorph or rebuild it if we think about a preexisting creature).
In general, I find the idea expressed by Scott strange. From a naturalist point of view, we humans are but machines. Once you think there is not an ontological gap between humans, the other animals, and the idea of very advanced AI, the only way to agree with Scott, I think, is to say we will not be able to make AI advanced enough (or self-improving enough) to attain this goal.

About the movie, I think it's plausible to think that there could be another creature (or creatures) as surprises in it. However I'm more interested by the science-fiction stuff and the mysteries not yet revealed in the trailers (and I hope TV spots or other things won't spoil them before the release).

Quote from: Marcus9000But I'm sure after the alien has cleaned a planet if the Engineers leave it for a while it will be ready to seed again? Who knows, maybe a thousand years is nothing to the Engineers.
Prometheus shows that their hypersleep devices can let an Engineer live in it for at least 2000 years, or that the modifications the Engineers have made on themselves (the suit, etc.) can produce that effect (or let's say it's a mixture of both).

As for the idea of the "perfect organism", as of now, I still think it's a bit odd idea concerning the Xenomorph. A "perfect killer", I would understand more. If David is truly linked with the creation or return of the classical iteration of the Alien, it's logical and symbolical that Ash be admirative in front of the creature, I guess.

CainsSon

Quote from: prometheusfire08 on Mar 12, 2017, 10:08:16 PM
pretty certain , like 100% that the original Alien gets its biomechanics aesthetics from growing and bursting from the lv223 jockey whilst he was fused with the pilot chair .

living tech 😉

the dorsal spines on the BIG CHAP perfectly match the exact same exhausts coming from the base of the jockey chair 😊

Its funny you say that. From when I first saw ALIEN i had been drawing a comparison b/w the FACEHUGGER and the BREATHING APPARATUS on the JOCKEY's FACE, and that never came to pass in any way. For a while, after PROMETHEUS, I was speculating that at some point David or whoever doesnt want that Space Jockey to fly off, would infect the Pilot chair's mechanisms and breathing apparatus with the Goo, thus fusing that pilot in the suit with the chair and causing it to create the Biomech features in not just the Alien but the entire ship.

Evanus

Oh my,
Spoiler
David is really going to create the Xenomorph, isn't he.  :-\
[close]

I suppose I'll just have to accept it, then...

Imbrie

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 13, 2017, 12:59:28 PM
Oh my,
Spoiler
[close]

Hopefully,
Spoiler
he'll jut be re-creating a pre-existing lifeform.
[close]

Dangerous Days

Dangerous Days

Oh my,
Spoiler
[close]

In my ideal fan-fantasy, yes, I would prefer the Alien to of been created by a Giger-ish Space Jockey or another more advanced Giger-like race.

But as someone who's always liked the idea of the Alien being a created bio-weapon. Which I've always felt is the more logical way of explaining the Alien's biomechanoid aspects. Then providing the story is well told, I really have no problem with it being:

Spoiler
David using the black goo to perfect the neomorphs.
[close]

I'm certainly not going to write off a film that I haven't seen yet, just because a key idea doesn't align to my own personal expectations or fantasies.

So like you, I'm just going to accept things and hope we get a good film. The franchise could certainly do with one.

Ingwar

https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/840413886322884609

McBride & Waterston ...

Spoiler
according to leaks are going to survive. I'm not surprised that they advertise movie together.
[close]

CainsSon

Quote from: imbrie on Mar 13, 2017, 01:01:14 PM
Oh my,
Spoiler
[close]

Hopefully,
Spoiler
[close]

I was just talking about this elsewhere, but I thin RS means to get us thinking about what it means to 'PERFECT' a created lifeform.
I dont think its a mistake that we are simultaneously dealing with WALTER - a 'PERFECTED' version of DAVID, and then we encounter DAVID 'PERFECTING' the NEOMORPHS to become ...

I think that like PROMETHEUS, we're maybe supposed to see this reflection, when you look for answers to these questions.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 13, 2017, 07:10:10 PM
Quote from: imbrie on Mar 13, 2017, 01:01:14 PM
Oh my,
Spoiler
[close]

Hopefully,
Spoiler
[close]

I was just talking about this elsewhere, but I thin RS means to get us thinking about what it means to 'PERFECT' a created lifeform.
I dont think its a mistake that we are simultaneously dealing with WALTER - a 'PERFECTED' version of DAVID, and then we encounter DAVID 'PERFECTING' the NEOMORPHS to become ...

I think that like PROMETHEUS, we're maybe supposed to see this reflection, when you look for answers to these questions.

I still think they should leave it a mystery.

Spoiler
I.E. David "created" (quote endquote) the xenomorph (or did he)?
[close]

markweatherill

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 13, 2017, 07:10:10 PM

It's like poetry, it rhymes! ;D

lv_226

Didn't Wayne Haag allude to the creation of the creatures in Covenant may be ambiguous and not so on the nose? I've got to go back and re-listen to the podcast episode.

Imbrie

Quote from: lv_226 on Mar 14, 2017, 03:49:27 PM
Didn't Wayne Haag allude to the creation of the creatures in Covenant may be ambiguous and not so on the nose? I've got to go back and re-listen to the podcast episode.

If I recall correctly, Wayne was just hypothesising, just like we do on here!

Necronomicon II

He did say that the origins aren't completely made clear, or something to that effect, which is interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed