Fox CEO Tom Rothman talks Prometheus trailer leak

Started by Darkoo, Nov 30, 2011, 09:24:15 PM

Author
Fox CEO Tom Rothman talks Prometheus trailer leak (Read 22,571 times)

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

Tom Rothman is the guy who made  matthew vaughn leave xmen the last stand due to creative differences. vaughn wanted to include the sentinels and have a much darker deeper script about mutant persecution and the ethics of a cure and a different script. Rothman then decided to hire Brett Ratner as he was more concerned with the deadline and film release with a smaller budget, to make the money, what we ended up with was a mess of a script and a badly done film (jackman etc were fine acting ). Then we had live free or die hard (diehard 4.0) which rothman insisted be cut to a pg-13 for theatrical release, to make more profit, it was later released uncut for dvd release. the film had a mixed reception from fans and critics. A v P in 2004
he insisted was a pg-13 (uncut for dvd with cg blood)then we had A V P R and we know how it virtually buried the franchise. Now we have prometheus, the leaked trailer looks amazing especially the jockey ship is so epic in scale, all i'm saying is be cautious with Tom Rothman he seems to be more about the money than caring about the franchise by allowing subpar films to be made. That's part of the reason why i'm being very careful not to be over enthusiastic about prometheus, and believe me i'm a die hard alien fan , have all the boxset collections, novels (loved steel egg and original sin was good and omnibus comics theories of the space jockeys) the games a v p2 on the pc and a v p 2010 console game. I just don't really much enthusiam for Tom Rothman or Fox at the moment. i just hope prometheus delivers.

m138jewski

m138jewski

of course he has dollar signs in his eyes. you think that greedy piece of shit cares about the integrity of the alien story, or about pleasing the legions of alien fans? hell no, he cares about filling his pockets

bleau

I don't see what the big deal is , so what the freaking trailer leaked. Not like the whole film. Plus I think it does generate buzz and anticipation from fans. It's good.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: m138jewski on Dec 01, 2011, 02:43:41 AM
of course he has dollar signs in his eyes. you think that greedy piece of shit cares about the integrity of the alien story, or about pleasing the legions of alien fans? hell no, he care about filling his pockets

He is a CEO of FOX. That´s his job. Sure he can ruin lot´s of movies, but I´m not so sure that he can ruin whatever Riddley want to do. I mean, If riddley don´t want, this guy its not going to ruin anything, what i am more afraid is that Riddley ruins it by himself....

Wobblyboddle77

Here's an example, i know xmen origins wolverine was not a great movie by any standards, but director Gavin Hood wanted a
very dark edgy look to the sets and have logan lose his memory as a result of the weapon x process of the adimantium bonding to his skeleton. Gavin was away from set for a few days in which Rothman went in and had all the sets painted brighter
because he throught they were too dark for a family film, then Rothman demanded reshoots, so logan loses his memory through being shot by the adamantium bullet by Stryker. Hood even admitted to the creative differences between himself and Rothman, don't get me wrong it dosen't make the film any better than the slating it got, but it shows how Rothman sticks his oar in. He seems to leave James Cameron alone, let's hope it's the same with Scott. Rothman can be a pain when he wants.

m138jewski

m138jewski

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Dec 01, 2011, 03:32:17 AM
of course he has dollar signs in his eyes. you think that greedy piece of shit cares about the integrity of the alien story, or about pleasing the legions of alien fans? hell no, he care about filling his pockets

He is a CEO of FOX. That´s his job. Sure he can ruin lot´s of movies, but I´m not so sure that he can ruin whatever Riddley want to do. I mean, If riddley don´t want, this guy its not going to ruin anything, what i am more afraid is that Riddley ruins it by himself....

I'm alot more concerned with FOX ruining this that Scott.

bobcunk

Quote from: gooner_no1 on Nov 30, 2011, 09:36:59 PM
'The Fox exec did, however, guarantee that the film will make a splash once it sees a proper release. "I will promise you this: When that material is ready and it comes out, you should go see it in 3-D on a screen. It will deliver."'

The next 3D release in cinemas is Hugo, and there's no way there'll be a trailer of this nature before a kids film.

The only one I can see in December which is a) in the same genre b) in 3D and c) distributed by 20th Century Fox is The Darkest Hour on December 25th. And it's also written by Jon Spaihts - although I expect that's just a happy coincidence.

You can bet your bottom dollar that's when it will appear.

Hugo was not children movie, It was just marketed that way.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Dec 01, 2011, 04:54:08 AM
He seems to leave James Cameron alone, let's hope it's the same with Scott. Rothman can be a pain when he wants.

Thats the prove that you don´t need any CEO for ruining a movie. Cameron ruined Avatar all by himself...(Well, in fact, there is nothing to ruin in AVATAR as its a big load of shit whatever you do with it)

I think that Fox won´t dare f**k with Riddley, and Riddley won´t let anyone f**k with him.

m138jewski

m138jewski

I hope you're right. Either way I haven't been this excited for a movie in years

Tough little S.O.B.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: m138jewski on Dec 01, 2011, 06:06:01 AM
Either way I haven't been this excited for a movie in years

Me either!

Quote from: 4ridley on Dec 01, 2011, 01:21:49 AM
REMEMBER! The Darkest Hour is the brainchild of Jon Spaights! The Co-writer and early script manifesto of Prometheus... That'll be our best bet... Hopefully they won't pull any special plugs since the figurative "Cat" is out of the bag... (Or out of the Nostromo!) :D

I don´t find anything really interesting in all i have seen so far from The Darkest Hour....

DaddyYautja

Im not seeing in 3d soooo im fine.

acidpits

Shame the Nintendo 3DS only shows trailers for family friendly movies, this would have been cool to have streaming from that like they did with The Green Lantern.

All the leaked trailer has done to Fox is give them an excuse to openly publicise the fact you will be able to see the trailer in 3D during a movie you wouldn't normally pay for. To be honest with the prices of 3D movies being what they are they will have to be showing it before something pretty special before I see it... I can wait.

Highland

I'll see it in 3D if it's being made for 3D (which I think it is).

Avatar although crappy in a few aspects, was damn good 3D.

Engineer1

Rothman sucks but he went looking for Scott when the prequel was supposed to be shot by Carl Rinsch (Scott's stepson).
And AVATAR rock.
Even if i clearly prefer the original treatment wich was more adult.

Snowdog

Quote from: m138jewski on Dec 01, 2011, 05:06:52 AM
Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Dec 01, 2011, 03:32:17 AM

I'm alot more concerned with FOX ruining this that Scott.

Amen to that. Look how they screwed over giger and fincher in alien3 (still love the movie though). Not even starting about avp and avp-r. If they gave Anderson a little bit more money and freedom (i know a lot of people won't agree with me on this) it could've been a lot better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed