The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 73,342 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I believe the panel starts in an hour.

New synopsis from Cinemacon press releases...and the fans revolt.

QuoteFrom the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, THE HUNT comes home in Shane Black's explosive reinvention of the Predator series. Now, the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled Science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/20th-Century-Fox-To-Showcase-Upcoming-Releases-at-CinemaCon-2018-20180426

Doomofman

Doomofman

Eugh guess they kept the DNA thing pretty prominently  >:(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's like they purposefully picked a synopsis with buzzwords to just piss Predator fans off. Genetically engineered, disgruntled Science teacher, young boy.

I'm still waiting to see footage before I form an opinion but this isn't going to help with those out there that have already made up their minds.

azamultic

azamultic

Finally, soon going to have some more information, and "small-town streets of suburbia" god, how many times there were debates about suburbia ;D

Lionhart

Lionhart

Would love if they showed us a trailer for predator, but i dont think so.

azamultic

azamultic

Corporal Hicks "It's like they purposefully picked a synopsis with buzzwords to just piss Predator fans off."

Totally agree  ;D

TERMINATOR-SSD

TERMINATOR-SSD

oh no......

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Lionhart on Apr 26, 2018, 04:19:43 PM
Would love if they showed us a trailer for predator, but i dont think so.

Next month, we believe.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

The synopsis sounds like utter garbage. I can't stand that stupid kid and his horrendous "acting" and he's a major plot point. 

0321recon

0321recon

That synopsis just gave me AVP:R vibes. Boy, I hope I'm wrong.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

I don't mind the kid so much as I mind the "reinvention" of the Yautja. Quit fixing what's not broken Hollywood.

Vrastal

Vrastal

genetically engineering themselves sounds so stupid

Samus007

Samus007

Ehhh, doesnt sound very promising, but I'll hold on to hoping I am wrong and that it ends up being a great movie.

ace3g

ace3g

We might get a poster released or at least a new banner.

KillCrites

KillCrites

I'm fine with this. It's all about execution.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed