Prometheus Cinefex Scans

Started by Darkness, Jun 19, 2012, 06:06:55 PM

Author
Prometheus Cinefex Scans (Read 45,934 times)

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 19, 2012, 11:03:53 PM
Looks like an incredible amount of craftsmanship went into the digital mutant Fifield. I'm curious if the practical effects and the CGI evolved in parallel and it was just a matter of what Ridley liked better ...

It does seem like that could've been how it went down. Very interesting. Fingers crossed for the True Hollywood Story of CGIfield in the blu-ray extras.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Jun 19, 2012, 11:22:26 PM
Looks like an incredible amount of craftsmanship went into the digital mutant Fifield. I'm curious if the practical effects and the CGI evolved in parallel and it was just a matter of what Ridley liked better ...

It does seem like that could've been how it went down. Very interesting. Fingers crossed for the True Hollywood Story of CGIfield in the blu-ray extras.

Ridley loves to talk and he doesn't mince words. I'm confident will get the skinny and a few colorful Ridley-isms along the way.

Imagine how the pacing would feel if we didn't get Fifield's attack until Weyland and co were leaving for their trip to see the Engineer. I liked the way the scene plays right after the Med-Pod sequence ... barely lets you catch your breath! I would have liked the fight to have played out a little longer with some stalking/suspense and some jump scares.

GQSioux

GQSioux

Until what happened to the crashed derelict in Alien is explained onscreen, on film, and made official....I don't think you can take anything Ridley says as canon. It's fun to speculate and guess, but to me, until I see it fleshed out on film, we still don't know the story behind the derelict just yet.

As for the Aliens...based on the mural, they do exist before the Deacon is born. I'd say the Deacon is a new distant cousin of the original Xenomorphs, which we haven't seen yet. This is just a theory, but maybe the Aliens already exist. They were created by the engineers to wipe out planets. BUT....what if they were designed to be asexual and couldn't breed? That way, they can kill off entire planets then eventually all die off themselves. The engineers then started f**king with their DNA, reverse engineering them, and making a way for this black goo to turn any living being into a Xenomorph--think of the concept taken from William Gibson's unused script for Alien 3 (where the Alien DNA goes airborne, infects people and turns them into Aliens). What the engineers never anticipated is what would happen when the Alien DNA/black goo encountered a female human being for the first time. We all know that the Aliens take on certain characteristics of their hosts (ie: the dog Alien from Alien3). Well, when Holloway got infected, maybe his now alien-human sperm got Shaw pregnant and implaneted a xeno-embryo of some sort. That embryo latches on to Shaw and is basically introduced to the human reproductive system for the first time, that embryo of course starts taking on those attributes (like the Queen in Resurrection) and Shaw gives birth to the first proto-Facehugger, giving the Xenomorphs the ability to breed. The Alien DNA strain now has the ability to pro-create. So maybe the Deacon will end up becoming a Queen and eventually evolving into the breed of Aliens fromthe first film. Maybe tthe events in Prometheus mark the beginning of the new Alien lifecycle.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 19, 2012, 11:54:25 PM
Quote from: Bad Replicant on Jun 19, 2012, 11:22:26 PM

Ridley loves to talk and he doesn't mince words. I'm confident will get the skinny and a few colorful Ridley-isms along the way.

Imagine how the pacing would feel if we didn't get Fifield's attack until Weyland and co were leaving for their trip to see the Engineer. I liked the way the scene plays right after the Med-Pod sequence ... barely lets you catch your breath! I would have liked the fight to have played out a little longer with some stalking/suspense and some jump scares.

Couldn't agree more on the length. I also wonder how some further horrific mutation during the scene might've played; would've been cool to see him changing as he was jackin' mechanics and mercenaries. Really though, I just wish it was a little longer. Thirty seconds more could go a long way.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

If they do an extended cut, I dunno how likely they'll do an entire recut of the Fifeld attack sequence because that was a mess...are they usually ok with recutting entire film segments just for a "special edition"?  :-\

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 20, 2012, 12:47:46 AM
If they do an extended cut, I dunno how likely they'll do an entire recut of the Fifeld attack sequence because that was a mess...are they usually ok with recutting entire film segments just for a "special edition"?  :-\

Well, Alien 3 kinda springs to mind. Granted, that was the product of a situation which was just... all kinds of messed up.

But yeah... even if there's some kind of extended version of Prometheus on the horizon, Ridley seems happy enough with this cut that I wouldn't expect any major rejiggering of existing scenes. (That's not to say we won't be getting 223 hours of additional Fifield material in the bonus menu... 'cause, y'know, that's what the kids are in to these days.)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: The Hyena on Jun 19, 2012, 10:34:39 PM
QuoteSo you're going with second hand info from a magazine as opposed to Scott himself saying otherwise in an interview and the people who designed and built the Deacon saying otherwise in the official art of the film book?

I'm waiting for Scott to come out and deny it.  The magazine obviously interviewed and talked to staff to get all the stuff it presented.

Scott wouldve surely denied connection to the alien when magazine was gathering info about the Deacon. Plus, its not like its just the magazines statement. Deacons designer, Neal Scanlan says "It represented the beginning of Gigers Alien". Add to it flat out statement that it is a proto allien and what trylobite is and there you go. Scotts statements about derelict in Alien already being in place were taken before the movie was coming out, when they were all playing the game that they admitted to, meaning denying any connections to Alien and making people wonder

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I hope the blu ray has a 2 hour documentary of new stuff and not just a collection of everything we've seen before....

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The Deacon could easily be a proto-alien, but that doesn't mean that this is the first one (the mural is proof that they were around already). Maybe the Engineers perfected the Aliens thousands of years ago, and a ship containing Alien eggs crashed on LV-426 at some point after that. Then, come the time of Prometheus, when the black goo did whatever it did, it recreated an early version of the facehugger, thus inevitably leading to the birth of an early, outdated version of the Alien.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I do like the cutting in the Fifield attack, actually, intercut with Shaw staggering about.  I think it works and I can see why they did it; there are a few very, very elegant juxtaposed cuts in there.  I also think it gives them enough room to do the scene with Shaw and Janek a bit more organically.  But I'd be very curious to see where and how it originally played.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 20, 2012, 03:02:26 AM
The Deacon could easily be a proto-alien, but that doesn't mean that this is the first one (the mural is proof that they were around already).

I dont think the mural is more than it actually is  - an homage to Giger with easter eggs

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 20, 2012, 03:10:09 AM
The Deacon could easily be a proto-alien, but that doesn't mean that this is the first one (the mural is proof that they were around already).

I dont think the mural is more than it actually is  - an homage to Giger with easter eggs

The mural Its definitely a Giger homage, but there is no denying that the Alien in the middle was intended to look like the Deacon. It has the pointed head, no tail...

PROM3TH3US

PROM3TH3US

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 20, 2012, 02:59:40 AM
I hope the blu ray has a 2 hour documentary of new stuff and not just a collection of everything we've seen before....

Same but I don't think they going to reveal everything since if they are doing a sequel.  Definitely they are going to have a hard time trying to keep tap on a lot of information until and if a sequel will be made.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: PROM3TH3US on Jun 20, 2012, 03:23:22 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 20, 2012, 02:59:40 AM

Same but I don't think they going to reveal everything since if they are doing a sequel.  Definitely they are going to have a hard time trying to keep tap on a lot of information until and if a sequel will be made.

I think he meant behind the scenes stuff; visual effects, actors, pre and post production, that kind of stuff. Not specifically story details.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 20, 2012, 03:16:32 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 20, 2012, 03:10:09 AM

The mural Its definitely a Giger homage, but there is no denying that the Alien in the middle was intended to look like the Deacon. It has the pointed head, no tail...

Go read the "art of the Film" book. The Deacon was pretty much the last thing they made, and the pretty much made it up as they went along after Ridley showed told them about the Goblin Shark. It was an after thought. They knew they wanted to do a chestburst scene at the end of the film for the fans, but they wanted the alien to look different. And they made it on the fly. The murals and relief were made beforehand and are based off of Giger designs. The only reason the wall relief and the Deacon look similar is because they are both based on the basic design of Giger's Alien. It's all in the book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed