Prometheus Cinefex Scans

Started by Darkness, Jun 19, 2012, 06:06:55 PM

Author
Prometheus Cinefex Scans (Read 45,952 times)

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jun 19, 2012, 10:20:40 PM
Quote from: n00b133 on Jun 19, 2012, 10:14:01 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 19, 2012, 08:19:55 PM
So there you go, its officially confirmed the trilobite is an early facehugger and the deacon is a precursor to the alien
Quote from: The Hyena on Jun 19, 2012, 10:16:56 PM
Thankfully its confirmed now that its a precursor to the alien.

Again, for those who didn't to read through the thread:

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jun 19, 2012, 08:51:49 PM
The art book explains that the Deacon is a mix of human, trilobite and engineer, because it's from the trilobite, which is shaw's baby, impregnating an engineer. And Scott has said in multiple interviews that the Derelict from Alien is already crashed on LV-426 by the time of Prometheus and has been for a few thousand years. Addiitionally, the murals and wall relief in the ampule chamber depict facehuggers and xenomorphs. Ergo: the facehuggers and xenomorphs already existed at least 2000 years ago and the Trilobite/Deacon are not their precursors.

So on LV426 the derelict IS fossilized and deacon CAN NOT be precursor to alien/xenomorph. It is something new, but to me it looks like a backwards evolution.

The Hyena

The Hyena

So there you go, its officially confirmed the trilobite is an early facehugger and the deacon is a precursor to the alien

The art book explains that the Deacon is a mix of human, trilobite and engineer, because it's from the trilobite, which is shaw's baby, impregnating an engineer. And Scott has said in multiple interviews that the Derelict from Alien is already crashed on LV-426 by the time of Prometheus and has been for a few thousand years. Addiitionally, the murals and wall relief in the ampule chamber depict facehuggers and xenomorphs. Ergo: the facehuggers and xenomorphs already existed at least 2000 years ago and the Trilobite/Deacon are not their precursors.

Re-Read page 28.  "The film makers named the newborn entity the "Deacon" and designed the creature to suggest an evolutionary step toward the adult form of Giger's alien"

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Quote from: The Hyena on Jun 19, 2012, 10:28:04 PM

Re-Read page 28.  "The film makers named the newborn entity the "Deacon" and designed the creature to suggest an evolutionary step toward the adult form of Giger's alien"

So you're going with second hand info from a magazine as opposed to Scott himself saying otherwise in an interview and the people who designed and built the Deacon saying otherwise in the official art of the film book?

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: The Hyena on Jun 19, 2012, 10:28:04 PM

And that's in contrast with the derelict on LV426...Is there any official statement on what is the age of derelict on LV426...And it slightly collide with Alien. Nostromo pick up signal from LV426, but there is another moon LV223 and they doesn;t go there??? Especially when humans allready know that a ship was sent there (and costed a trillion dollars)...

The Hyena

The Hyena

QuoteSo you're going with second hand info from a magazine as opposed to Scott himself saying otherwise in an interview and the people who designed and built the Deacon saying otherwise in the official art of the film book?

I'm waiting for Scott to come out and deny it.  The magazine obviously interviewed and talked to staff to get all the stuff it presented.

I doubt the creature designers would mess up that bad and mix up what the Deacon is.  That...or the entire magazine is wrong.

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: The Hyena on Jun 19, 2012, 10:34:39 PM
QuoteSo you're going with second hand info from a magazine as opposed to Scott himself saying otherwise in an interview and the people who designed and built the Deacon saying otherwise in the official art of the film book?

I'm waiting for Scott to come out and deny it.  The magazine obviously interviewed and talked to staff to get all the stuff it presented.

I doubt the creature designers would mess up that bad and mix up what the Deacon is.  That...or the entire magazine is wrong.

So wroong :)

Aceburster

Aceburster

If its not wrong we might have more than one Space Jesus on our hands. I hope its wrong.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

I'm guessing the magazine misunderstood the information being presented to them, given the amount of interviews and official material that contradicts what is said in this article.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Jun 19, 2012, 10:19:58 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Jun 19, 2012, 08:23:58 PM
Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 19, 2012, 08:11:35 PM
Quote from: Bad Replicant on Jun 19, 2012, 07:53:17 PM
Looks to me like it could be an actual CGfield they cooked up for an alternate version of the scene. It does say that Weta developed a digital version that walked around on its knuckles and shiz (whilst demanding money and marijuana, I imagine), until Ridley opted to use mostly in-camera stuff.

looks like a shop to me. I can tell from the pixels, and because I've seen quite a few greedy stoned mutant geologists in my time. maybe test footage. either way, doesn't look totally finished.

not the head design I would have used, but apparently Ridley never got the resume I faxed him?.
Are you sure?

And the rise in the numbers of present Engineers is getting ridiculous:

What's wrong on the number of engineers at the beginning? Now it makes more sense that there was more than one of them when such big event as starting a life on earth was planning.
Nothing's wrong with the number.
It's just that with each days news there are more of them.

I expect a picture of a stadium full of Engineers by tomorrow.  ;)

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: LarsVader on Jun 19, 2012, 10:40:08 PM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on Jun 19, 2012, 10:19:58 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Jun 19, 2012, 08:23:58 PM
Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 19, 2012, 08:11:35 PM
Quote from: Bad Replicant on Jun 19, 2012, 07:53:17 PM
Looks to me like it could be an actual CGfield they cooked up for an alternate version of the scene. It does say that Weta developed a digital version that walked around on its knuckles and shiz (whilst demanding money and marijuana, I imagine), until Ridley opted to use mostly in-camera stuff.

looks like a shop to me. I can tell from the pixels, and because I've seen quite a few greedy stoned mutant geologists in my time. maybe test footage. either way, doesn't look totally finished.

not the head design I would have used, but apparently Ridley never got the resume I faxed him?.
Are you sure?

And the rise in the numbers of present Engineers is getting ridiculous:

What's wrong on the number of engineers at the beginning? Now it makes more sense that there was more than one of them when such big event as starting a life on earth was planning.
Nothing's wrong with the number.
It's just that with each days news there are more of them.

I expect a picture of a stadium full of Engineers by tomorrow.  ;)

Ok,. but maybe we will finally hear them speak. As I remember they doesn;t say a word in a whole movie. And I have a feeling that they wouldn't sound like the warning from Alien.

The Hyena

The Hyena

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jun 19, 2012, 10:39:12 PM

I'm guessing the magazine misunderstood the information being presented to them, given the amount of interviews and official material that contradicts what is said in this article.

Until there is official confirmation it can go either way.  As its one big interview itself.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Quote from: The Hyena on Jun 19, 2012, 10:44:27 PM
Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jun 19, 2012, 10:39:12 PM

Until there is official confirmation it can go either way.  As its one big interview itself.

from this article: http://screenrant.com/prometheus-alien-connection-benk-176223/all/1/

Quote from: Ridley ScottScott: For all intents and purposes this is very loosely a prequel, very, and then you say "But how did that ship evolve into the first Alien?" Then I would say "Actually he's one of the group that had gone off and his cargo had gotten out of control," because he was heading somewhere else and it got out of control and actually he had died in the process and that would be the story there. That ship happened to be a brother to the ship that you see that comes out of the ground at the end. They are roughly of the same period give or take a couple hundred years, right?
So the Derelict crashed on LV-426 a couple thousand years ago, give or take a couple hundred years. Aliens already existed before the Deacon, as evidenced by the murals in the pyramid within the film itself. This quote from Scott just verifies it.

Aceburster

Aceburster

Yea but hes also said that the Derelict is the Juggernauts brother ship. If it had the same stuff then the Derelict incident could have produced a Deacon type alien that ultimately created a real Alien.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Wow.

Looks like an incredible amount of craftsmanship went into the digital mutant Fifield. I'm curious if the practical effects and the CGI evolved in parallel and it was just a matter of what Ridley liked better ... or if one was developed first, and they quickly re-developed the concept to better serve the story/pacing.

It's kinda cool from from the symbolic stand point of the practical effects being more 'cave man' like and CGI being more 'evolved human' (aka grey-esque)

I hope that CGI character has wonderfully animated facial features and set of teeth like a shark.

On the subject of the Deacon being the precursor to the Alien we saw in 'Alien': Impossible. And it's painfully obvious as to why and many of you have already explained quite well how it works.

The magazine explains the evolution of the Deacon in terms of it's concept. Not it's story heritage.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I really like both alternate Fifield designs we've seen, and I think I would've personally preferred the one shown in Cinefex - but I can also see why they didn't pull the trigger on either.  Both (the other being the "frowny face" model we've seen, which was utterly alien, not human at all) risked being laughed at by a post-mod audience as being sort of "evil E.T."  I would've done it with this one, but I was fine with the monster we got.  I just wish they'd run the scene a bit longer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed