AvP Omnibus Volume 2

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 14, 2007, 05:09:42 PM

Author
AvP Omnibus Volume 2 (Read 4,013 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Dark Horse have just announced the second volume in their line of Alien vs Predator Omnibuses:

“Mankind’s most lethal adversaries battle for supremacy, and whoever wins–we lose. In a skyliner high above the Alien-contaminated earth, Caryn Delacroix can’t sleep. Terrifying images of pursuit, disfigurement, and bloody death have invaded her peaceful dreams in her safe and privileged world. But they’re only nightmares . . . or are they? The beautiful trophy-consort of corporate magnate Lucien Delacroix soon discovers that nightmares do come true and there are fates worse than death-when a Predator comes to call. Featuring the smash-hit AVP epic Deadliest of the Species, written by Chris Claremont, plus other exciting AVP tales by a host of top comics creators.”

AvP Omnibus Volume 1 is due out June the 6th, and AvPGalaxy is offering it’s members a chance to get their hands on the comic before it’s released. Unfortunately, we only know of one of the comics in Vol.2 – Deadliest of Species. You can view the Dark Horse profile page here. Thanks to Darkness for the tip.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I absolutely loved the first one...but DotS is supposed to be the worse AvP comic. Ever. So I'm curious to know what the other comics are in this one.

The Ultimate Predator

Indeed. I was thinking that if there are some other good comics, it might be worth getting.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Its about perception.  I have the series serialized and alot of people that like DOTS preferred it because it was more of a superhero style story.  I thought it was horrible, but alot of people would disagree it was the worst avp, because alot of people at the time lubbed it.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

DOTS was different, ok it was VERY different from other AVP stroies and it had some things that i disagreed with, but i liked it because of how original it was. it did give much more depth into the aliens and predators and gave them personalities almost and wasnt simply portraying them as badguys just fighting.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Yep.  In the open columns in the back there was very few middle ground people.  Either there were purist who didn't want the Alien/Predator minds delved into, or there were the guys that appreciated having the Alien and Preds represented with personality.  I'm one of the former however, and DOTS did little for me.

SiL

SiL

DOTS had Aliens once, in the third issue, and they all died atthe hands of the chick and the Pred. Any 'Alien' that came after that doesn't deserve to be called such, and that 'Queen of Queens' thing was a joke...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Never read it myself. Should make it an interesting read.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Interesting is a light way of putting it.

SiL

SiL

Don't you remember talking to me while I read it, Hicks?  That was an understatement   :'(  

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Lol i remember how angry and annoyed you were. I just like to make my own mistakes.   :P  

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Of course there is always the possibility you could be one of those weird ones and like it.      ;)  

mjacobson

mjacobson

I think that DotS will be all it contains. After all, it was a 12 issue miniseries.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed