New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,432 times)

PAS Spinelli

Seeing how long it's taking to get any news on this 3 year old project, I assume that if it even comes out we'll bring up Colonial Marines for comparison again

Kradan

But it will also mean, that next Isolation is coming too !

PAS Spinelli

I just want to play as the Alien again, please
And if I have to play as a Marine again, make the gameplay like Metro, not like Destiny for god's sake

Kradan

I hear ya, brother. Playing as Alien, feeling myself like an unstopable killing machine was always favourite part of any AvP game for me

Kimarhi

But bring back the SPEED of the original AvP Alien.

That is how the first game balanced out.  The Pred was a tank with slow repeating weapons, the Marine had the best overall tech with quick repeating weapons, and the Alien had neither but was literally a run away freight train cheetah monster. 

Thats why I always played Prae in AvP2's multi, because if your going to be a slow as f**k unarmed space monster, you better have armor. 

Even tho I slayed. 

PAS Spinelli

The ideal alien game is Metro gameplay for Marine and DOOM Eternal gameplay for Alien (but melee only and on UV)

BlueMarsalis79

I like the first part of that idea.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 23, 2021, 03:14:04 PM

Yeah, the second part reminds me too much of 2010 (admittedly much better, but the same arena combat, trophy kill crap - which is fine for DooM but...)

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 20, 2021, 03:26:44 AM

I always played Prae in AvP2's multi

Even tho I slayed. 

Twins.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 23, 2021, 05:08:40 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 23, 2021, 03:14:04 PM

Yeah, the second part reminds me too much of 2010 (admittedly much better, but the same arena combat, trophy kill crap - which is fine for DooM but...)

AvP 2010's problem was a lack of speed, all the kill animations were slow and left you vulnerable, and didn't reward you with anything either, DOOM gameplay would be perfect for the Alien and Predator side of a AvP, fast gory animations in a fast combat loop, instead of the weird mix we got in 2010

[cancerblack]

It's still arena focused and locks you into kill animations, even if they're shorter. Just not gameplay I enjoy, as nice as the newer Doom games look.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 24, 2021, 10:12:24 PM
It's still arena focused and locks you into kill animations, even if they're shorter. Just not gameplay I enjoy, as nice as the newer Doom games look.
I mean gameplay doesn't meant level design, and using glory kill is entirely optional in Eternal, they are 1 second long and you dont get killed during it unlike 2010

BlueMarsalis79

I'm wary of the linearity of that rhythm.

PAS Spinelli

Eternal is very much linear, specially when compared to the likes of the older games, including 2016, which has far better level design (while having more arenas), but still, fast paced gory gameplay with kill animations that dont screw you over sounds perfect for alien

Machiko Naguchi

In a perfect world you could have aspects of multiple types of games such as Doom, Destiny, Alien Isolation, etc. I'm not sure exactly how it would work, whether in different games modes or different styles for each level or what but there are benefits from multiple styles.

A lot of people love Isolation for the thematic elements and atmosphere (I did as well) from the first movie, but even that had some slow dragging times with nothing going on. Whereas something like Doom can provide chaotic and full out action sequences of shooting like in the second movie. Both of these experiences could fit perfectly into a game in the Alien universe if done properly. And even though Destiny definitely has its negatives such as lack of story, loot shooting, microtransactions, etc. there are many things it does well that could be blended in such as gunplay and world building/traveling.

As I mentioned before, I don't know exactly how this would be done but if possible then it could be a great result because it would reach a wide range of the fan base. If you could please the horror and suspense crowd and the sci fi action crowd while also having some great gameplay and ability to travel and experience many parts of the Alien universe then that would be an amazing game.

Vrastal

I never cared for the gameplay of 2010 but the story was nice. i do miss playing first person as an alien. AvP and AvP2 are fantastic but im ready for something new. Doesnt seem like custom campaigns get made anymore for avp2.

if we dont get to play as the alien in the next game ill be disappointed

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed