New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,349 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, the good one.

Corporal Hicks

Not much but...

Still Collating...

Any news is better than no news. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe, just maybe, this game might not be dead yet.

Adam802

https://twitter.com/ColdIronStudios/status/1227703799084716032

Looks like they had a Lunch Tournament today, seems like a good sign.  Hopefully things will be ok.

The Old One

The Old One

Contact at long last.

Corporal Hicks

Loving the Sulaco office name. lol Can't see what the lab room is called though. Good to see some social activity, even if they still aren't talking about the game.

The Old One

The Old One

It's alive!

Corporal Hicks

aliens13

Hello everyone, i has been out of this forum for a very long time.

I wanted to ask, there is nothing about this new Alien game since 2018, some update or something? 😂 I know it has been a while.

Corporal Hicks

Nothing substantial I'm afraid. You'll find all the activty we've come across on this thread.

Corporal Hicks

They do seem to still be working on it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Posted a couple of days ago on 4chan.

QuoteAround two years ago, it was announced that Cold Iron Studios were working on an Alien game. However, when Disney bought Fox and most of its assets, it set development back several months.

Insider information:

Spoiler
The timeline is set several years after Aliens, and immediately follows Alien: Infiltrator. You play as one of several Colonial Marines aboard the USS Henley-in-Arden (acting as the main hub world) with Destiny/Borderlands-style character presets. You're tasked with making regular trips onto a backwater planet after Pala Station crashes into the surface, unleashing Aliens which wreak havoc on the local Colonies and crossbreed with wildlife.

Monetisation for cosmetics, such as skins, armour decals, weapons, allow for plenty customisation options. Plenty of Easter eggs from the franchise too.
[close]
Development is still ongoing, despite silence on social media pages.

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/506026782

Not a great deal of information there, but I need to check with what I already know about some of those specifics to see if they match up.

The plot doesn't quite match up with what I know of the game, but my info is a couple of years old.

Nightmare Asylum

Still not quite sure how I feel about "open world" Alien (I struggle to imagine an Alien game as anything but tight, isolated, claustraphobic) but I'll definitely be giving this a chance when it drops... which is hopefully relatively soon. It'd be nice to at least get a name for it. :D

Corporal Hicks

God yeah! I'd love to start calling it something other than Cold Iron Studios' Alien Shooter/Game. lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed