New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 156,183 times)

Schrödinger

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 10, 2020, 08:34:25 AM
Yeah, I want everyone, to be equal potential incubation.  ;D

You get a face hugger! And you get a face hugger! AND YOU get a face hugger! ~Opramorph... Probably.

The Old One

The Old One

Don't make the story predictable, write the characters as unisex as the original did, it turned out great.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Adam802

Adam802

Quote from: Drukathi on Jan 22, 2020, 07:52:56 PM
https://deadline.com/2020/01/disney-sells-foxnext-games-los-angeles-and-cold-iron-studios-to-scopely-1202837961/

So?

I don't really understand, but that's not good, right?

f**k, I really hope this doesn't affect the Cold Iron Studios Aliens game......

It does say "The transaction does not affect the separate portfolio of Fox IP licensed game titles, which will continue to be a part of Disney's licensed games business." so hopefully the game is still on.

Anyone have any more info on this?...

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Adam802 on Jan 22, 2020, 08:17:48 PM
Quote from: Drukathi on Jan 22, 2020, 07:52:56 PM
https://deadline.com/2020/01/disney-sells-foxnext-games-los-angeles-and-cold-iron-studios-to-scopely-1202837961/

So?

I don't really understand, but that's not good, right?

f**k, I really hope this doesn't affect the Cold Iron Studios Aliens game......

Anyone have any more info on this?...

My guess is that they are still allowed to finish and sell the game. However it is based on license agreement now and dependent on funding from Scopely.

Adam802

I tweeted Cold Iron and several people working at the studio for info so hopefully they'll provide more insight. 

Drukathi

Yeah. It would be interesting to know.

Corporal Hicks

I hope they come out and clarify this! I can't translate how it effects us at all yet. I'm going to raise this with who I've spoke to at Disney, see if they can shed any light on it.

Whos_Nick

imagine they cancel the game oof

Corporal Hicks

I guess the real question here is if Scopley actually retains the licenses - even if it's not owning the rights - for the games currently in progress as part of the deal. I've messaged Cold Iron too, but I've never heard anything from them so that was probably a waste.

Richman678

Richman678

I read Scopely plans to sell Cold Iron Studios anyways. Does this mean they can't use the Alien license anymore???

I'm pretty sure this is way more bad than good. Cold Iron if you lurk here you better get a kick ass trailer out because you guys need to attract a worthy buyer.

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/disney-sells-foxnext-games-scopely-1203475758/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Richman678 on Jan 23, 2020, 03:25:46 AM
I read Scopely plans to sell Cold Iron Studios anyways. Does this mean they can't use the Alien license anymore???

Yeah, I thought it was a little odd since Scopley seemed to focus on the mobile side of things. I imagine the FoxNext and Marvel game was more what Scopley was after, rather than a multi-platform PC shooter.

But even if they do sell Cold Iron on, without knowing if Cold Iron or whoever managed to retain the license it's still unclear as to whether or not they're still working on it.

QuoteFollowing the close of the transaction, Scopely plans to sell Cold Iron Studios, O'Brien told Variety. That's because Cold Iron is developing PC and console games, whereas Scopely is squarely focused on mobile games. About 50 employees work at Cold Iron, which is developing an "Alien" shooter game.

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/disney-sells-foxnext-games-scopely-1203475758/

Eldritch_DM

Another reason for me to hate the mouse...  :-[

The Old One

The Old One

I hope the transfer gives the project more resources, otherwise, it's... a lesser fate.

Corporal Hicks

Ooooh, AvP2 reference!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed