New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 157,755 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Well, the video game industry makes as much or more money than the movies and is its own thing in this days. Even so it stinks from the perspective of our little niche *sigh*

JokersWarPig

Kimarhi

Get Monolith to buy it. 

Drukathi

Well, it's about self-publishing. Other companies may still be developing games with a Disney's license, like EA and Star Wars. Disney must give Alien license to EA. :) And we will have new Alien games every year or two. ::)

The Kurgan

With new you mean the same game slightly tweaked every year or two  ;D

Drukathi

The Kurgan

Not if it's a slightly tweaked Colonial Marines each time  :D

Drukathi

Perhaps EA makes a little the same type of game from year to year. But quality: EA>Gearbox.

Corporal Hicks

I suppose really it's going to depend on how the licensing or projects survive the sale itself. And I can't help with hope EA don't get their hands on it.

Still Collating...

Hell no to EA. Disney can move the creative rights around all they want, just please don't cancel the existing project.

JokersWarPig

EA should be the last company to touch Aliens.
Considering the backlash to Battlefront 2 I don't think Disney would be so stupid anyway..but I've been wrong before.

The Kurgan

Buy this full priced AAA game and spend hours and hours or just more real life cash on unlocking the basic pulse rifle and the marine skins you actually want and basically all the cool stuff you remember from the movies in multiplayer...

The Old One

The Old One

I'd genuinely rather recieve nothing. lol
The last thing the franchise requires right now is more ACM tier content, with the general public's not so positive perception of it. More Isolation tier content and TCF tier content please.

JokersWarPig

If I could take the good things from Isolation, ACM and even AVP 2010 and force them to have a child, I would.

Tidus

Tidus

Quote from: Still Collating... on Sep 12, 2019, 10:34:32 AM
Hell no to EA. Disney can move the creative rights around all they want, just please don't cancel the existing project.

Licensed games cost a lot upfront. If any third party touches the alien license.. they sure as hell will chase the money. Whether someone continues development of this game or makes a new one, I don't think it's gonna be what ACM should have been or some survival horror. Alien Isolation didn't meet Sega expectations, so..

In the article it was mentioned that Bob Iger shut down a very profitable studio making games of Disney movies, and that the current games developed by Foxnext brought 200 million to the table and still.. failed? WTF man, this is absolute nonsense. I still can't believe it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed