New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 156,961 times)

molasar

One of the puzzling things for me is that game studios do not communicate with fans or do not hire anyone from those dedicated communities as advisers. Especially nowadays. I know there are NDAs in place but they can still benefit from interaction with fans without sharing sensitive information. There is nothing wrong with introducing yourself here for already announced project. Although they usually call themselves huge fans.

Is there anyone on this forum connected with one of the upcoming Alien and Predator projects?

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: molasar on Aug 02, 2019, 04:12:02 PM
One of the puzzling things for me is that game studios do not communicate with fans or do not hire anyone from those dedicated communities as advisers. Especially nowadays. I know there are NDAs in place but they can still benefit from interaction with fans without sharing sensitive information. There is nothing wrong with introducing yourself here for already announced project. Although they usually call themselves huge fans.

Is there anyone on this forum connected with one of the upcoming Alien and Predator projects?

It's mostly because the relationship is with the license holder. They do it on behalf of us for one reason or another but at the end of the day the guys who actually own the IP are who calls the shots.
Companies do have community managers and the like to interact with the audience but when there isn't anything complete or that they are legally allowed to show, what's the point aside from making vague or non-statements about the state of the product? That's why you mostly see it when it gets closer to release if not starting on release.

There are a few people who have some connections but I don't know why they'd leak anything or why they'd know to begin with.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 02, 2019, 04:57:59 PM

It's mostly because the relationship is with the license holder. They do it on behalf of us for one reason or another but at the end of the day the guys who actually own the IP are who calls the shots.
Companies do have community managers and the like to interact with the audience but when there isn't anything complete or that they are legally allowed to show, what's the point aside from making vague or non-statements about the state of the product? That's why you mostly see it when it gets closer to release if not starting on release.

There are a few people who have some connections but I don't know why they'd leak anything or why they'd know to begin with.
I do not expect them to share, or leak, anything with us besides posting the same stuff here which is officially passed to video gaming MSM. Just for marketing purposes only. It seems the license holder and the IP owner do not care much about it. A bad business practice IMO but it does not surprise me at all when it comes to corporations. If something goes wrong, they never blame themselves.
Yes, I am aware of community managers.
Just let me say that I would start doing a reconnaissance, where the fan base is first and foremost, for a cash grab project unless there is already the whole artistic idea (not generic one) established for it, and I doubt there is one for upcoming projects. Nothing stops them from doing surveys.
One could think that they make games just for the sake of making them and nothing else.

Huggs

What would be nice is an updated version of Alien Trilogy.

molasar

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 02, 2019, 06:05:08 PM
What would be nice is an updated version of Alien Trilogy.
I agree - 100%. Should Alien blood stay green or be changed to yellow in a case of Predator cameo?

Huggs

Green. But it should appear psychedelic while under the influence of cornbread.

[cancerblack]

It's all completely moot to me, the internet here sucks so bad that an online-only game isn't worth buying, even if I did have a modern rig. I'll be following the development as we learn more though, so I can cheerlead for/laugh at it, depending on how it's looking. 

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 02, 2019, 06:28:05 PM
Green. But it should appear psychedelic while under the influence of cornbread.

Only if we're playing as Spunkmeyer.

SM

IP holders hire creative people to create.  You can get people in to advise on things like continuity or whatever, but the people hired to do the job should be left to do the job.  Engaging in internet forums can muddy things, to put it mildly.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: SM on Aug 02, 2019, 10:02:57 PM

IP holders hire creative people to create.  You can get people in to advise on things like continuity or whatever, but the people hired to do the job should be left to do the job.  Engaging in internet forums can muddy things, to put it mildly.
If this approach works for them, I am OK with it. Not my business, not my responsibility to keep an IP valuable and profitable.
I can only vote with my wallet at the end of the day. Do not blame me for this, please. I have not promised anything.

SM

molasar

Quote from: SM on Aug 02, 2019, 10:51:53 PM
???
I have meant that if they mess it up, I am not forced to purchase their product. Anyway, if something goes wrong, they will probably blame the IP for loosing its appeal or something else because in this business you never blame yourself.

The Old One

The Old One

Voting by purchase is certainly the correct decision.

molasar

Yes, but on a positive note I wish them all the best.

SM

QuoteI have meant that if they mess it up, I am not forced to purchase their product.

Oh, right.

Well, yes.  Obviously.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed