New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 158,318 times)

The Old One

The Old One

So hype!

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2019, 02:33:29 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Been holding onto this news for a while, but now it's official:<br />
<br />
I'll be joining Cold Iron Studios as an Associate Level Designer in July, working on a shooter set in the Alien universe!!! <br />
<br />
Thank you to the awesome <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/leveldesign?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#leveldesign</a> community for always making me want to improve!</p>— Jon Marchand (@Jon_Marchand) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jon_Marchand/status/1139629219648925696?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I take it we've got a while to go then?

Corporal Hicks

I'd guess so. Feels like they're only really ramping up now, but that's just guessing on my part.

JokersWarPig

My bet is we get some screenshots/a trailer next year

Huggs

Screenshots next year, trailer in 2021.

The Old One

The Old One

Dead on prediction, I reckon.

Kimarhi

If it takes that amount of time to make a non shit product so be it.

Huggs

They could have 5 years and it might still turn out to be rough. There's just no way of knowing.

Hopefully, they'll follow the good example of Isolation and we'll have people who care about the end product deliver a solid Aliens experience.

Still Collating...

molasar

"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations." - Orson Welles

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 28, 2019, 04:29:10 AM
They could have 5 years and it might still turn out to be rough. There's just no way of knowing.

Hopefully, they'll follow the good example of Isolation and we'll have people who care about the end product deliver a solid Aliens experience.

Colonial Marines took plenty of time to come out...  :-X

But yeah, as long as it's good, I don't mind waiting (though I'll still be hoping for it to hurry the hell up!!!)

Schrödinger

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 29, 2019, 07:50:34 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 28, 2019, 04:29:10 AM

Colonial Marines took plenty of time to come out...  :-X

But yeah, as long as it's good, I don't mind waiting (though I'll still be hoping for it to hurry the hell up!!!)

Let's hope the time is spent with actual core development instead of 5+ years of pre-production guesswork and back leaderhsip like Bioware had with Anthem.    I don't know much about FoxNext and Cold Iron, so this may be out of place. What's the current betting it's going to have loot boxes, walled off content cut for "Delux Buyer" shit, and typical MMO f**kery that goes for keeping "Whales" instead of general consumers?

Or do ya think they will actually make a good product that will sell itself?   

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I think it's impossible to make an MMO out of Aliens, and keep it from being some silly spongueshooter with bad AI **Looks at Gearbox and Sega**.   Hope I'm wrong.

The Old One

The Old One

God I hope so, but knowing the current status of game development, a degree of caution isn't unwarranted.
But Isolation is a very complete game, I hope it's an indicator.

Huggs

I think if all they care about is making some MMO or the typical battle royale BS, they're going to wind up with a game hardly anyone is playing 1-2 years after it's out.

JokersWarPig

I don't think you could really have a decent battle royal style game with just aliens and marines.
It wasn't awful in AVP2010 though

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed