New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 157,540 times)

Still Collating...

Agreed. A:CM's multiplayer had a lot of nice ideas, just horrible implementation.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 17, 2019, 08:54:07 PM
I really hope the motion tracker is a separate tool like it was in ACM and not part of the hud.

Agreed. One of the best things that game did.

The Old One

The Old One

One of a sparse number.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah. I'll give it actual player/weapon customisation (but so f**king shallow) and the motion tracker off the HUD mechanic. And the expanded Sulaco level design.

TheSailingRabbit

I'll be real, I became less excited for this thing upon learning it's tying into . . . Echo? Really? I don't like being a downer, but I would rather see an original story rather than a tie-in to a mediocre YA novel.

Until I hear something about multiplayer character customization options being phenomenal, I might skip this one. :-[

JokersWarPig

I thought it was a tie in to the new comics?

The Old One

The Old One

It's been nearly ten years since the last decent Alien FPS, I'm hoping it's good.

I don't see why anyone's put off by them including one character from Echo, probably not in a major role, and yes it is tying into the recent comic series ACM Rising Threat.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jun 18, 2019, 12:19:44 PM
I'll be real, I became less excited for this thing upon learning it's tying into . . . Echo? Really? I don't like being a downer, but I would rather see an original story rather than a tie-in to a mediocre YA novel.

I wouldn't call it mediocre. It was actually pretty solid.

Vrastal

I really hope we can play as the alien and get some awesome alien customization

Still Collating...

Yeah, I'm dying for a new Marine vs Alien multiplayer FPS. I also really hope we get to be an alien again. AVP aliens were fun and interesting. A:CM's aliens had conceptually more depth to them, but played awful. If we can play as an alien in this one, it'll be an instant buy for me.

Vrastal

I didnt like 2010 avp game play all that much. And hope we can see a blend of avp2 and acm alien gameplay

Monster Man

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 17, 2019, 08:54:07 PM
I really hope the motion tracker is a separate tool like it was in ACM and not part of the hud.

I love it when aspect of your HUD is implemented into the tools around your character and not just a static thing on screen. Dead Space did a wonderful job with this.

However I hate how ACM's motion tracker differentiated between friend and foe. Ruins tension.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

JokersWarPig

If this game has the motion tracker mechanic (minus the Friend/Foe markers) and could capture the tension of AVP2010's Infestation mode, I think we'd have a real winner.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Yes please.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed