New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 156,677 times)

Huggs

Quote from: D88M on Jan 09, 2019, 03:39:29 AM
Can we get an actual good new for once? Jeez, first the mobile game and now this.

Isn't this the moment where the people selling you the caca are supposed to jump in and say "but wait, there's more?"

Predatorium

Battle Royale Alien style. So when is it going to be announced?

Corporal Hicks

I really don't get any Battle Royale vibes from this so far. I would never describe Fortnite or PUBG as a persistent online worlds or MMO-shooters. They're...Battle Royales. They're a specific genre.

SiL

The old Aliens MMO was fairly popular back in the day, wasn't it?

Nukiemorph

What if they did Aliens in the style of Left 4 Dead?

I think that could work really well.  That game was multiplayer and action-focused, but still managed to be pretty intense and terrifying at times.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 09, 2019, 09:32:03 AM

Aliens Online? I have no idea. I wonder if there's actually any reviews of that thing archived.

Quote from: David's Creation on Jan 09, 2019, 09:33:33 AM
What if they did Aliens in the style of Left 4 Dead?

I think that could work really well.  That game was multiplayer and action-focused, but still managed to be pretty intense and terrifying at times.

A proper co-op orientated game would work really well for Alien imho. Some of the most fun I had on ACM was in the co-op and Bug Hunt modes.

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 09, 2019, 09:36:10 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jan 09, 2019, 09:32:03 AM

Aliens Online? I have no idea. I wonder if there's actually any reviews of that thing archived.
7.2/10 on GameSpot from 2000: https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/aliens-online-review/1900-2537932/

Corporal Hicks

I thought it was much older than that! Kinda wondering how my Dad missed this. Thanks, Sil. Will check that out.

SiL

It's from 1998, so slightly older, but not much. I always thought it was '96 for some reason.

The Kurgan

I didn't even knew there was  such a thing as Aliens online.
Was this a long lived thing ?

SiL

Ran a couple of years. There's apparently been a revival recently online but I only just found out about that looking for a review. You can find gameplay on YouTube.

Predatorium

so what does "massively multiplayer online" mean? Can it be something like a 4 player coop game and a 16 player pvp or does it have to be more than that? What criterias are there to be called a "massively multiplayer online" game?

The Old One

The Old One

The standard's WOW.
But...

Well, as any Genre can have outliers.
MMO- doesn't necessarily mean
what we think it's going to mean.

Examples;

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 09, 2019, 09:56:09 AM
Ran a couple of years. There's apparently been a revival recently online but I only just found out about that looking for a review. You can find gameplay on YouTube.

It was made playable offline back around 08, I think. I remember downloading it and playing against AIs.

https://gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/aliens-online

I've not tried it yet but I imagine it'll struggle on Windows 10.

Actually it loads up but can't select Aliens and only enter SCARE as Marine. I'm sure there's some modification to be made to be able to get into the maps but offline. Lemme see if I can find it.

Yeah, there is. On the main frigging page. Will give that a shot.

Hmm. Those changes were already in the download.

Nostromo

This game could actually be great. Is it an open world?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed