New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 156,692 times)

The Old One

The Old One

They shoot electricity, or some sort of futuristic slug.
I just took it for granted that must mean they're pretty advanced.

Adam802

I'm cool with an Aliens MMO type game as long as I can play the game SP and the story is good.  Also please god no references to prometheus/covenant ffs...

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Adam802 on Jan 08, 2019, 06:21:27 PM
Also please god no references to prometheus/covenant ffs...

It's a guarantee there will be. Fox is really pushing the envelope w/r/t emphasizing the canonicity of new Alien media since Colonial Marines, and linking everything back to Prometheus whenever possible.

Seems kind of similar to...oh, I don't know...the Star Wars 'Legends' label. Anything before Colonial Marines is probably not canon, but everything produced afterwards is, and any tie-in to Prometheus and Covenant is only going to help them sell more copies of Prometheus and Covenant.

Adam802

Quote from: Hudson on Jan 08, 2019, 06:29:47 PM

It's a guarantee there will be. Fox is really pushing the envelope w/r/t emphasizing the canonicity of new Alien media since Colonial Marines, and linking everything back to Prometheus whenever possible.

Seems kind of similar to...oh, I don't know...the Star Wars 'Legends' label. Anything before Colonial Marines is probably not canon, but everything produced afterwards is, and any tie-in to Prometheus and Covenant is only going to help them sell more copies of Prometheus and Covenant.

Urrg that would kill the game for me.  Still, I have hope bc Isolation came after ACM and knew not to include any prequel nonsense, so who knows. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 08, 2019, 05:42:54 PM
@Hudson

https://youtu.be/KFuK6-dgIgM?t=86

You do realize from now on, thanks to this video, everytime I see an Engineer I'll think of this guy.... ;D

Hudson

Someone plz photoshop an Elvis engineer.

Quote from: Adam802 on Jan 08, 2019, 06:41:42 PM

Urrg that would kill the game for me.  Still, I have hope bc Isolation came after ACM and knew not to include any prequel nonsense, so who knows.

I would argue that they snuck it in during mission 8 or 9. The designs behind the SOS/warning signal in the derelict are straight from Prometheus. It's subtle, but it's there.

Huggs

That moment that comes when what they're doing with the franchise makes A:CM look good.

Sorry Fox, Alien is a narrative driven claustrophobic nightmare. MMO's are not a sound idea. After some time, this game will go cold (pun intended) but Isolation will keep on ticking. No story, no single, no dice. I'm out. Don't have the internet for it anyway.

Adam802

Quote from: Hudson on Jan 08, 2019, 06:48:49 PM
Someone plz photoshop an Elvis engineer.

Quote from: Adam802 on Jan 08, 2019, 06:41:42 PM

I would argue that they snuck it in during mission 8 or 9. The designs behind the SOS/warning signal in the derelict are straight from Prometheus. It's subtle, but it's there.

Eh maybe.  If so then they did it right by keeping it extremely subtle. Hope Cold Iron does the same.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Adam802 on Jan 08, 2019, 06:53:25 PM
Eh maybe.

It sure as hell doesn't come from the design aesthetic of Alien.

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 08, 2019, 06:51:58 PM
That moment that comes when what they're doing with the franchise makes A:CM look good.

Sorry Fox, Alien is a narrative driven claustrophobic nightmare. MMO's are not a sound idea. After some time, this game will go cold (pun intended) but Isolation will keep on ticking. No story, no single, no dice. I'm out. Don't have the internet for it anyway.

I'm intrigued about an MMO because I've never played one and Alien is as good an entry point for me as any, but I'm a little skeptical that there will be enough people interested in perpetuating the world for it to have any substantial longevity. Alien is an A-list franchise, but compared to other large-universe intellectual properties, it's relatively niche by my estimation.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 08, 2019, 06:51:58 PM

Aww, but me and Voodoo and Verm need you on our team. :'(

EeeeyyyForgotMyPassword

EeeeyyyForgotMyPassword

how would a MMO Shooter even work

Corporal Hicks

I'd assume like Destiny or Division or Wildlands or that kind of thing.

Local Trouble

What are the chances that the developers actually resist the temptation to introduce tons of unnecessary variations of the alien in this?

EeeeyyyForgotMyPassword

EeeeyyyForgotMyPassword

Aslong as the Alien variations are based on what they come from I would be fine with it.
Would also be cool to have warrior and drone be like a class to the xenos instead of one xeno type, so we could have Warrior Runners and such

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 08, 2019, 08:17:54 PM
What are the chances that the developers actually resist the temptation to introduce tons of unnecessary variations of the alien in this?
Slim. I'm expecting an entire Kenner menagerie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed