New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,400 times)

Adam802

Adam802

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2018, 10:42:04 PM
There seems to be some genuine fear on Twitter that it might be a mobile game. I hadn't really considered it to be honest. Evolution was pretty sweet so I wouldn't be worried if FoxNext announced a mobile game as well as the shooter.

Pretty sure Cold Iron Studio's game is already confirmed to be console/PC. 

Quote from: MattFiler on Nov 24, 2018, 10:07:09 PM
Judging by the "W" not "WY" on The Game Awards teaser and the Prometheus-style font and glitchy effects, I'd guess this is a game in Ridley Scott's new canon perhaps between the events of Prometheus and Covenant. Would be nice to get a bit more lore around that time in the universe!

Please God no.

TERMINATOR-SSD

it's going to be a mobile game isn't it, because we all have phones right -_- . Live service, heavy on the monetization methods and all that BS. I can see it now. ALIENS, on your PHONE.

God i hope i'm wrong i really do....

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Adam802 on Nov 24, 2018, 10:53:32 PM
Quote from: MattFiler on Nov 24, 2018, 10:07:09 PM
Judging by the "W" not "WY" on The Game Awards teaser and the Prometheus-style font and glitchy effects, I'd guess this is a game in Ridley Scott's new canon perhaps between the events of Prometheus and Covenant. Would be nice to get a bit more lore around that time in the universe!

Please God no.

Why not?

Huggs

Please God no.

Another walking simulator, no doubt?

"For the first time, see the world as David 8."

"Interact with an entire room. Play the piano, move the cup, choose your own questions, and gaze upon the marble wiener in..."

Alien: Teabringer

MattFiler

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 24, 2018, 11:02:00 PM
Please God no.

"Interact with an entire room. Play the piano, move the cup, choose your own questions, and gaze upon the marble wiener in..."

24 hour campaign in a large white room.

Huggs

Quote from: MattFiler on Nov 24, 2018, 11:05:18 PM
Please God no.

24 hour campaign in a large white room.

Make it co-op. Someone else can play as Weyland.

Clockwork

Fingers crossed that it isn't a game filled with winks and nods to everything that's come before. Something scary, and exhilarating.
And one where the creature is an actual Alien and not some defective pet android's science experiment.

MattFiler

Another development - FoxNext have removed their name and profile photos on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/FoxNext/

mike

who cares about another fps shooter.. every normal alien fan who isnt 13y/o , wants isolation sequel..  AVPs were alien shooters and how it ended,,,,,,

The Old One

The Old One

Soon™

TheSailingRabbit

Please God no.

Check out my let's-play where I throw the cup across the room, dick around with the piano because I'm musically illiterate, make David stand in the shower for an hour, and stare at plants.

Vrastal

Id love to be able to play as an alien again. With todaya tech there are so many wqs to go about it. Customizing your alien with looks and stats i think would be a lot of fun

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I think the most successful Alien based game usually comes after 2-3 titles that have been fan flops but commercial successes. After of which that money goes to develop something that would be likely a commercial failure but a game developer's dream project.
The Original post signifies this theory and our best best is that we will likely see another GOOD alien game after two more iffy projects.

They are also running out of good ideas unless they just make sequels using similar engines.
But after seeing Hideo Kojima tease us with seemingly unrealated news featuring a beloved franchise, could we at least dream about the next Alien based game using the same engine as Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding?

toro

please please do not be a mobile game, i'm cool if that's something on the side but i want december 6 (if that's when) to show us this new console title. ideally i don't want it to be a destiny kind of deal, but just getting to play a new alien title with next gen graphics would be intense

Huggs

What's the deal with December 6th?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed