New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 157,563 times)

Darkalien100

A spiritual successor to silent hills based on Alien IP? shut up and take my money.

The Old One

The Old One

I hope so, best case scenario.

The Old One

The Old One

Looks like it.

bobby brown

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a cellphone game... It has happened to bigger franchises.

Anyone remember Alien pinball?  :-\

MattFiler

MattFiler

Quote from: bobby brown on Nov 24, 2018, 10:05:18 PM
I hope this doesn't turn out to be a cellphone game... It has happened to bigger franchises.

Anyone remember Alien pinball?  :-\

To be fair that was a DLC not an entire game. It was also quite well made and used some assets from Isolation that weren't previously released so was quite nice to see.

Judging by the "W" not "WY" on The Game Awards teaser and the Prometheus-style font and glitchy effects, I'd guess this is a game in Ridley Scott's new canon perhaps between the events of Prometheus and Covenant. Would be nice to get a bit more lore around that time in the universe!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: MattFiler on Nov 24, 2018, 09:59:42 PM
Is this legit?

https://twitter.com/intent/user?user_id=1040707070188638209

I would guess so from the profile picture. Perhaps it'll remain private until the official announcement.

https://twitter.com/alien_blackout

Another account here.

Also, when you search Alien: Blackout and check out people, The Game Awards account also shows up.

Huggs

The title doesn't sound like a campaign based game. If it does turn out to be some online thing, it'll just break my heart. I'm hoping for the best, but bracing for the worst.

Maybe it's actually a direct sequel to avpr? It did say blackout.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: MattFiler on Nov 24, 2018, 10:07:09 PM
Judging by the "W" not "WY" on The Game Awards teaser and the Prometheus-style font and glitchy effects, I'd guess this is a game in Ridley Scott's new canon perhaps between the events of Prometheus and Covenant. Would be nice to get a bit more lore around that time in the universe!

I hope so, at least for the sake of fixing the naming convention:

Prometheus
Alien: Blackout
Alien: Covenant

But I also doubt it for one reason, unless they're directly contradicting R.S-
The Alien doesn't exist yet.

MattFiler

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 24, 2018, 10:20:01 PM
Quote from: MattFiler on Nov 24, 2018, 10:07:09 PM

I hope so, at least for the sake of fixing the naming convention:

Prometheus
Alien: Blackout
Alien: Covenant

But I also doubt it for one reason, unless they're directly contradicting R.S-
The Alien doesn't exist yet.

If Alien: Awakening has been scrapped as thought, it's possible this is after Alien: Covenant potentially filling that story gap? The Xeno exists by that point. Imagine a game with the Engineers!

Also, absolutely right - I'm also confused by the choice of name. If it's an Alien shooter, it should be "Aliens: Blackout". The whole "prequel" situation would iron that out nicely.

Wweyland

Hoping this new release is a triple A title for the PC (in addition to the consoles) and not some "small" mobile game.
Just don't forget the regular Alien FPS tropes:

• Alien Queen Boss Fight
  • Getting facehugged POV
  • Visit the Space Jockey Chamber

Corporal Hicks

There seems to be some genuine fear on Twitter that it might be a mobile game. I hadn't really considered it to be honest. Evolution was pretty sweet so I wouldn't be worried if FoxNext announced a mobile game as well as the shooter.

MattFiler

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2018, 10:42:04 PM
There seems to be some genuine fear on Twitter that it might be a mobile game. I hadn't really considered it to be honest. Evolution was pretty sweet so I wouldn't be worried if FoxNext announced a mobile game as well as the shooter.

If this is being announced at The Game Awards as it seems it likely now is, I highly doubt it's a mobile game - especially after the reaction to Diablo Immortal just a few weeks ago. The Cold Iron game has been in development for over two years at this point, it's likely a teaser trailer for that.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, I find that unlikely, I also find it unlikely that Hideo Kojima would even be tangentially associated to either-
-An entirely multiplayer game, or a mobile game.

Even if he has no involvement whatsoever and his visit to the studio was merely to generate hype.

MattFiler

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 24, 2018, 10:48:35 PM
Yes, I find that unlikely, I also find it unlikely that Hideo Kojima would even be tangentially associated to either-
-An entirely multiplayer game, or a mobile game.

Even if he has no involvement whatsoever and his visit to the studio was merely to generate hype.

Another good point, I highly doubt Kojima would visit to view a mobile game.

Kojima's been doing the rounds recently visiting studios to see their in-development projects. He also visited Valve a few weeks back to view HL:VR. I don't think it was intended as a hype thing, but obviously that's a bonus with anything Kojima does.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed