New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 158,432 times)

Kailem

The Marine campaign in the 1999 AvP was very much a shooter and a survival horror. A single Alien could kill you easily and moved really fast, so even though you had a pulse rifle at all times you were constantly on edge and always kinda hoping you'd never run into one. :laugh: It's always possible they might go with that sort of approach.

aliens13

Can be expect see some footage in the E3 this year? It would be nice see a new Alien game, specialy considering that The Predator it's destinated to be a fiasco.

Scorpio

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 16, 2018, 03:46:50 PM
The Marine campaign in the 1999 AvP was very much a shooter and a survival horror. A single Alien could kill you easily and moved really fast, so even though you had a pulse rifle at all times you were constantly on edge and always kinda hoping you'd never run into one. :laugh: It's always possible they might go with that sort of approach.

If they follow the movies it should be survival horror.  Aliens is very much survival horror.  To kill just one alien should be a challenge.  So I would like to see more like a tactical based shooter / survival horror.  Where you cannot let the alien get too close.

You can have Neomorphs and Hammerpedes as maybe lighter enemies that are easier to kill.  The fully armoured xeno should be tough and only when you have the right gear and weapons to face them later in the game.

Perfect-Organism

I really hope they find a way to tread new ground with locations, while maintaining the feel of the films..

Schrödinger

So I've just found out about all this and went reading into it. One thing that I keep seeing people say is "Destiny Like"...  I'm curious, how would you make an MMO with a persistent world feel survival horror at its core?  Unless there was a brutal Permadeath mechanic in which if your marine dies, you end up having to create a new rookie and work your way back up* (Thus making it actually worth being careful and thinking, unlike Destiny. But this would require balance and specific blocks like "Group Missions are Not PK" for example)).  I also can't help but think about a core mechanic of MMOs and persistent worlds, which is skill systems and looting.  I feel you'll need classes for that. Medical, Combat Engineering, Systems Technician, Pilot, so on.

**Or like how Escape From Tarkov Handles it. Main Character with loot and skills, and a timeout when killed Secondary "Scavver". 

Course, all we can do is speculate right now. But I'm trying to figure out in my head how it would even work. Not to mention you'd need a damn good story and consistent chapter updates for the community (Ah-la Star Trek Online. It just won't die and still has a thriving community. Plus the main storyline is actually decent and replayable to an extent, for MMO standards.).   Also, no Loot Boxes... And if you gotta have microtransaction, make sure it's cosmetics only, no P2W shit.

Vrastal

i want another alien game with avp2 alien gameplay

The Old One

The Old One

I want something primarily atmospheric at heart.
If I'm going to create a pipe dream list I'd say;

-Perhaps something that ties up a loose end in a non-obstructive manner like Alien Isolation's handling of the Beacon in the Derelict.
Use for instance, both "Planet 4" and LV-223 have plenty of the virus left behind presumably and in Planet 4's case a few Alien eggs. These could both be good loose ends to tie up seeing as it's obvious the prequels will not be returning to those locations.

-Potentially get Alex White involved and have it be a quasi-sequel to The Cold Forge if you don't want to tackle the planets of the prequels in any manner.

-Four player tactical gameplay that was promised from Gearbox's original pitch for ACM.

-No acknowledgment of ACM, Fire and Stone or the Ellen Ripley novel trilogy. I would even encourage outright contradiction. Yes this is extremely petty but those stories devalue the Alien franchise as a whole.

-Continue with Alien Isolation's portrayal of the Snatcher as nigh-invincible. In a gameplay capacity instead go for a Dead Space approach with Neomorph variations as enemies being your primary foe, with the Alien reserved for only the most special of occasions.

-Dynamic set of weapons in the spirit of Dead Space, each with its unique own appeal and function.

-Chris Avellone tier of writing and character interaction.

-No Kenner garbage, if you do Snatcher variants quadruped animals produce Runners, bipedal animals produce drones and warriors only start to appear if a Queen is present.

-An element of capitalism screwing over people, as is the subtext of Alien 1979, but perhaps it doesn't have to do anything with cartoonishly evil companies or company men but simply the abject neglect and apathy the system treats people with.

-Be fun. Don't be an MMO please or Destiny like-minded, otherwise you might as well not exist at all.

PVTDukeMorrison

Has there been any updates on this? I feel like there's someone here who knows stuff but are under NDA. It's okay, you can tell us.

The Old One

The Old One

They literally can't lol

OpenMaw

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 06, 2018, 11:39:07 PM
Has there been any updates on this? I feel like there's someone here who knows stuff but are under NDA. It's okay, you can tell us.

C'mere... Listen. Shh. Listen.

Spoiler

You can shoot aliens.

With guns.
[close]

It's going to be greeaaat.

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Aug 07, 2018, 03:01:23 AM

Spoiler

You can shoot aliens.

With guns.
[close]

Officer! Arrest that man!

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

probably

The Cruentus

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 07, 2018, 03:08:37 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Aug 07, 2018, 03:01:23 AM

Spoiler

You can shoot aliens.

With guns.
[close]

Officer! Arrest that man!

Arrest him? Hung, drawn and quartered more like!  :laugh:

Dingbat

I've been playing alien Resurrection recently, it is very hard and the Aliens kill you in about 2 hits, something similar but with multiplayer and better controls would sure be good.

Wweyland

Quote from: Dingbat on Aug 19, 2018, 02:41:49 PM
I've been playing alien Resurrection recently, it is very hard and the Aliens kill you in about 2 hits, something similar but with multiplayer and better controls would sure be good.
The game gets a bad rap for the controls but is actually great with a mouse. It's a good survival game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed