New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,370 times)

j0nesy

hopefully this news is true!

if infiltrator is coming out in december, early 2021 release maybe?

SuperiorIronman

I'm skeptical since if the Prequel novel is supposed to be released in June and got pushed back to December and we still have no release window I sincerely doubt it's going to be early 2021. Especially considering that the pandemic has halted or stalled development on titles and I see no reason why Alien would be exempt from this.

Then we have no trailer and minimal updates so I'm not expecting this in 2021. Maybe to get a trailer sometime next year or at the end of this one but we're almost halfway through 2020 and at best we don't know if the project is alive or dead any other day.

HZD

Annnnnnnd this line alone tells us its going to be tacky : unleashing Aliens which wreak havoc on the local Colonies and crossbreed with wildlife.

And then we have this : Monetisation for cosmetics, such as skins, armour decals, weapons, allow for plenty customisation options

Expectations set to ZERO that way if it does ever release i might be surprised

LV-12986

I'd tweeted them beginning of this year this was their reply: https://twitter.com/coldironstudios/status/1215024155806093317?s=21

Obviously this was before the pandemic so it's expected there will be delays!

j0nesy

ok that date does seem overly optimistic :P

you'd think we'd at least have some official news about this game before the december release for the book, since it is a prequel to the game

Vrastal

I just want to play as an alien again like in AvP2.

An alien sims like game could be entertaing. Build a hive take over planets.

I just want a new fun alien perspective story.

Evanus

Sounds interesting. If true, I hope they don't go overboard with all the mutations and stuff.

Kailem

It certainly sounds plausible for a Destiny-style Alien game. I can certainly imagine the potential for raids into heavily-infested colonies or areas of the planet and whatnot. And the wildlife aspect obviously allows for different enemy types.

At this point any information at all is welcome!

Nightmare Asylum

O hope they're pretty restrained in the Alien variants. I don't really want to see them go full Kenner. Even Colonial Marines went too far with the silly designs, in my opinion.

Now, if they wanted to do offshoots a la the Newborn or the Neomorphs as a result of genetic tampering/experimentation with the raw materials, that's an entirely different thing that I would be all for.

Adam802

Adam802

Excellent news!  I remember when the Game Informer story on ACM made it seem like the game was going to involve exploring big new environments and ofc it never happened, this kinda reminds me of that original concept a bit, very cool. 

Yep,

all signs point to yes.

Kimarhi

Even the original Alien had the jockey buster being fossilized into the side of a mountain.  The variant thing has been in the series blood since the beginning.  It makes even more sense for a videogame perspective, and you best believe every shooter is looking at Doom Eternal for variant enemy types right now.

Doesnt bother me.  If you don't include variants, you get something like Resurrection...........good game, but after awhile it slogs down to just shooting the same turd colored alien over and over again. 

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Nazrel on May 03, 2020, 05:18:44 PM
I just want to play as an alien again like in AvP2.

An alien sims like game could be entertaing. Build a hive take over planets.

I just want a new fun alien perspective story.

Was that actually any good?  I have the game but never figured to try...

Corporal Hicks

AvP2 is generally held in very high regard.

I'm hoping they don't get over the top with the hybrids. Like NA says - you should never go full Kenner. But some variety in the local Aliens will be fun. I just don't want 1000 different ones. But I'd also like to steer away from any genetic modification, I'm really bored of that. Selective breeding...sure, that works for me.

Kradan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed