1 for $1 Aliens vs. Predator

Started by vikingspawn, Aug 13, 2010, 11:53:07 PM

Author
1 for $1 Aliens vs. Predator (Read 1,254 times)

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

The new "1 for $1 Aliens vs. Predator" reprint comic came out last Wednesday to comic shops:

1 FOR $1: ALIENS VS. PREDATOR

Written by Randy Stradley, penciled by Phill Norwood, inked by Karl Story, colored by Monika Livingston.

The inhabitants of the colony planet Ryushi are peaceful ranchers -- men and women who lead simple lives. But their lives are tragically shattered as they become part of a "coming of age" ceremony for a race of deadly alien hunters -- the Predators. However, the Predators' prey are not the human inhabitants of Ryushi, but rather something far more dangerous -- Aliens!

28 pages, $1, in stores on August 11

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/17-638/1-for-1-Aliens-vs-Predator
------------------------------------------------------

I went to 2 comic shops and they forgot to order this book.... >:(

Rambo

Rambo

Wow thanks for bringing this to my attention! I'll try and go see if I can pick this up (and trade some old issues) tomorrow.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

I was just happy to be able to own that Swanland painting, since I didn't buy an AVP3 Hunter Edition. It is just yet another reprint of AVP #1, though, which saddened me somewhat. I think this makes five now that I've got.

Corporal Hicks

I don't have this one but I have the hardcover edition but I think the re-worked colours inside are worth more than $1.

Yautja117

Yautja117

I bought it the other day. Colors are not fixed.  :'(

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Aug 14, 2010, 12:15:12 PM
I was just happy to be able to own that Swanland painting, since I didn't buy an AVP3 Hunter Edition. It is just yet another reprint of AVP #1, though, which saddened me somewhat. I think this makes five now that I've got.

So it's not the AvP Zero issue reprint from the "Hunter Edition"  hardcover?   

It's just a reprint of the original issue one?

??? ??? ???

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Yep, using the colors from the Omnibus printing.

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Dayum.   I  was hoping it was the 2 stories from the "Hunter Edition" exclusive HC from the video game set.   

>:(

Corporal Hicks

that's a shame then.  :-\ I wonder why they did that.

alienfan95610

To the best of my knowledge this book was never supposed to be a reprint of the Hunter Edition hardcover. That book was an exclusive to the Hunter Edition. This book is just your standard AVP #1 reprint issue.

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

The original zero issue would have been a better choice for a reprint.   

Or AvP: War #0 too.   

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed